Synthetic Rope (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Followed @gnob 's advice and got some hose protector as a cover for the first 25' (it came in a 25' spool so why not). Turned out nice. Should provide some UV/Dirt protection.

View attachment 3271694
I've done something similar with Amazon-sourced stuff. I can report that under load on short pulls, the start/edge of the covering tends to snag at the fairlead, leading to the covering bunching up outside instead of rolling onto the drum with the rope. May need a reset during the pull. Perhaps the covering is a bit too loose. Overall not a big issue.

I've done something similar with Amazon-sourced stuff. I can report that under load on short pulls, the start/edge of the covering tends to snag at the fairlead, leading to the covering bunching up outside instead of rolling onto the drum with the rope. May need a reset during the pull. Perhaps the covering is a bit too loose. Overall not a big issue.
That makes sense, I had seen people having the same issue on other forums. I taped mine down to the rope in a cone shape hoping when I pull it back in it wont bunch up too much.

Anyone using this x-bull synthetic rope?

Amazon product ASIN B0B2R7TFBQ
81f1q5ybt5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom