For Sale SWB Fixed Cab Rear Split Window Rubber Extrusion Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this is an extreme long shot, but please let me know if there is anything out there in decent shape. It is for a “final chapter” build very near completion.

Who was making these when they were available?

I know this is an extreme long shot, but please let me know if there is anything out there in decent shape. It is for a “final chapter” build very near completion.

I need a set too..

He was been working on it, but has been delayed.

i looked into it at one time, spoke with a rubber molding company, the number they threw back was a lot higher than i was willing to spend.
you can easily replace with flat glass and not have a slider.

There’s also a virus thing that’s shut down a lot of “non-essential” work.

i looked into it at one time, spoke with a rubber molding company, the number they threw back was a lot higher than i was willing to spend.
you can easily replace with flat glass and not have a slider.
@tornadoalleycruiser that is going to be the plan with the turd 45 I have at @wngrog place. It does not currently have the rear split windows or the front windshield. I called an automotive glass shop that does custom work and they said cutting the flat glass and fitting a gasket would not be a problem. I also did a little searching on some hot rod websites and there seem to be a multitude of universal glass gasket options that can work. My backup plan is just to wear some really cool goggles.

The rear windows might be the last thing I do, leaving them open. I'll just consider them "Max" ventilation. Of course, for sunny dry days only (which is most of our summer and fall). And nobody gets in your rigs around here, 2nd amendment thing.

If the turd is going in an arcade for a bit, maybe mount a flat screen in the windshield and create some sort of virtual reality four wheeling thing. Bed could be made into some sort of shuffle board game, or 3-sided pool table. Or practice ping pong table with bounce wall.

The rear windows might be the last thing I do, leaving them open. I'll just consider them "Max" ventilation. Of course, for sunny dry days only (which is most of our summer and fall). And nobody gets in your rigs around here, 2nd amendment thing.

If the turd is going in an arcade for a bit, maybe mount a flat screen in the windshield and create some sort of virtual reality four wheeling thing. Bed could be made into some sort of shuffle board game, or 3-sided pool table. Or practice ping pong table with bounce wall.

We came up with a plan last night so the trip to the arcade is on hold and the 💩45 is tucked back into the safe

034155E7-258B-438F-8704-49A405B66576.jpeg

B942529B-7E12-4A47-92D6-BE7AF3530293.jpeg

What makes that complicated?

I think it is because of the slide window, there needs to be enough room to bypass the other window as it slides but still hold them both firmly in place

I think it is because of the slide window, there needs to be enough room to bypass the other window as it slides but still hold them both firmly in place

I found a guy about 70 something in Escondido about 10 years ago [I know, not a big help] that was willing to make a set for $1500 then much lower for each additional set [$500 if I recall correctly]. the biggest difficulty was supposed to be that there was literally nobody making dual channel gasket any longer to start with. so each channel would have to be cut in to stock rubber [for the two panes to slide open/pass]. I recall checking endlessly for dual channel stock and ultimately giving up, even thinking that Australia may have been a place to find it.

just another thought - i'm active on 914world, and parts are becoming more difficult to find for the 914 as well. there is a place called 914Rubber that has been really ramping up reproduction parts - and with a name like that maybe worth a call?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom