Swap headlight between 60 and 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

from what I've read the core support is the real BIT@H to swap you'll the fenders too

You do not need to swap fenders. Maybe I'll make it my personal quest to end this belief once and for all. ;)

You do have to loosen the fenders to remove the core support though. With them loose it's not hard to remove the support. As I mentioned in my write-up, I had help and a body shop and it still took all day.

For a reverse swap - 62 headlights to a 60, find a 62 owner that would like to swap and work together. I don'y think it would be hard to find someone more than happy to do it. ;)

As far as the quality of lights I didn't see any difference. The 60 lights are inadequate as are the 62 by today's standards. I have a set of cheap Hella's on the bumper that I use when I really need to see.

:cheers:

You do not need to swap fenders. Maybe I'll make it my personal quest to end this belief once and for all. ;)

You do have to loosen the fenders to remove the core support though. With them loose it's not hard to remove the support. As I mentioned in my write-up, I had help and a body shop and it still took all day.

For a reverse swap - 62 headlights to a 60, find a 62 owner that would like to swap and work together. I don'y think it would be hard to find someone more than happy to do it. ;)

As far as the quality of lights I didn't see any difference. The 60 lights are inadequate as are the 62 by today's standards. I have a set of cheap Hella's on the bumper that I use when I really need to see.

:cheers:
thank you i thought i was not crazy.will be doing mod soon:beer:

Guys, I want to go the other way. 1987 FJ60, I want to put the 62 lights on it. is it the same either way, or is it more or less involved?

Hey amigo, I am looking to go from a FJ62 to a FJ60 headlight set up. My front assembly is in decent shap if you are still looking for a swap.

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom