Swap headlight between 60 and 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks,
New member here. I'm in the market for a 62 but (this may sound crazy) I much prefer the head light assembly of the 60. What can I say, I like that classic fj frontend, which I believe was lost in the 62.

My question is this: Can I swap in the old 60 style headlights into the a 62? The 2 assemblies appear to have the same outer dimensions, but I'm only going off of photos of the 2 cars.

Thanks guys,
/hc

Don't hold me to it, but I believe you can. I haven't done it, as I like the 62 nose equal to the 60, but I have heard of others doing it without any complaints. You obviously have to change the grille/bezel assembly, but I don't think that takes much to do.

I'm sure it can be done very easily. You take off the grille, light surrounds, and change the buckets... Basically change what is needed with the FJ60 stuff.. Seems like it would be a preaty straigh forward, and easy job.

There are lots of threads on this subject. The task is more involved than it might appear at first glance.

Definately doable. Definately more involved than it looks. I have the parts and am waiting till I have a week to disassemble and get things put back together.

Definately doable. Definately more involved than it looks. I have the parts and am waiting till I have a week to disassemble and get things put back together. You need to have the core support and the bracket/tabs that the headlight bucket attachs to on a 60 fender would make things cleaner.

Here's Mine

Yep, it's doable ;)

link to my writeup
60front.jpg

hey red cruiser nice ride. do you need the end cap for you front bumper? i just am just building a new frnt bumper and you can have the caps from my old one if you want.

Hi Folks,
New member here. I'm in the market for a 62 but (this may sound crazy) I much prefer the head light assembly of the 60. What can I say, I like that classic fj frontend, which I believe was lost in the 62.

My question is this: Can I swap in the old 60 style headlights into the a 62? The 2 assemblies appear to have the same outer dimensions, but I'm only going off of photos of the 2 cars.

Thanks guys,
/hc

FJ62.com for the wright up

Red, I like the rod Toyota badge in the grille. How did you get the paint to stick to the chrome, or is it an aftermarket or replacement emblem?

Guys, I want to go the other way. 1987 FJ60, I want to put the 62 lights on it. is it the same either way, or is it more or less involved?

Guys, I want to go the other way. 1987 FJ60, I want to put the 62 lights on it. is it the same either way, or is it more or less involved?

sinner........

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuck338

don't know why you would go that way.

Should be essentially the same, just unbolt the aesthetically appealing FJ60 front and implant the less-attractive FJ62 front :) . The 62 guys do claim that the quad beam setup of the 62 is a better lighting over that of the FJ60.

You'll need to do a little rewiring for the headlights. Dig around in Tech Links for the Tangen harness or purchase an auxiliary harness and upgrade the headlights at the same time.

from what I've read the core support is the real BIT@H to swap you'll the fenders too

I can see the rad support being a bear to change.. there is a lot of bolts and stuff hanging off it. This isn't a quickie change. Plan your weekend around it and a bit more.

The fenders I think are the same.m But don't quote me on it. The catalogue I ordered fenders from listed them the same.... so I dunno.

If it were me, I'd buy a 60 instead and spend the time and money on swapping in a brand spanking new H55 transmission.

Red, I like the rod Toyota badge in the grille. How did you get the paint to stick to the chrome, or is it an aftermarket or replacement emblem?

The one I used wasn't chrome, it was white. I just sanded to the base plastic, taped it up and rattle cannned it. I did add a dozen coats of clear on top of the red in hopes that it would help. It has so far.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom