SWAP 80 series axles.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
into a 60 ?

I have a lead on a cheap 80 series that needs engine work but has front and rear locking axles that work.

Has this swap ever been done??

If not how much is a set of Toyota E-Lockers worth??

lunyou

If ya plan on wheeling the light stuff toyo lockers are great...plan on hardcore get some ARBs or lunchbox lockers.

They would work well for a SOA...Steering might be a pain on the front axle. There are a few people that have swapped it in on the rear.

I can post up a shot of how far the 80 series axles stick out on my 62.

-Al

al...if you want to go ahead and post the picture....if not dont worry about it.

lunyou

al...if you want to go ahead and post the picture....if not dont worry about it.

lunyou

give mea second to find one my computer crashed and this one doesnt have any of my old shots so Ill have to dig one up on mud.

here ya go...

I think if you put the 80 series axle up front you will have to use the coils and links, if not your going to have a "s" shaped drag link which is not a good idea. Unless there is a way to run high steer on an 80 series axle.
beachnlisa 525.jpg

Then agian maybe it wont be s-shaped....might wanna look into that.

biggest issue will be location of the leaves if that is the route you want to go.. the 80 series pumpkin is seriously offset.. leaves would have to sit on the pumkin (almost). plus the tires would get into the leaves during turning..

You thinkin about coils??

Look in the tech links up top.

there are a couple of guys have done these mods, I think most common is to put the guts of the 80 into the 60 housing but it is a while since I checked them out so I could be wrong.:cheers:

I do want to ask tho.. why do you want to do this??

is it the width?

stronger axle shafts?

??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom