Superbowl sunday wheeling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dumpolina

SILVER Star
Threads
SO I was supposed to wheel Gordy's Sunday, but my buddy now cannot make it.
I have a whole sunday off and would like to make use of it, but I'd rather not do Gordy's solo.

I might check out an area above Gallina if the snow is still thick, or a route Frank and I talked about near Cochiti in the jemez, or Mt. Taylor, or??
Maybe Gordys if at least one other capable rig can go... I don't know the area really well but have a few tracks I know I can find.

Anyone interested? Speak up

I'm game.

I'm game.

North to snow or south to rocks?
North I think I'd just take my '94 P/U... South probably trailer the 4Runner

I would rather do snow. I don't want to wrinkle my 4Runner.

I may be in? I don't have chains, but rear locked. I'd guess it has done a bunch of melting this week. I'd be game to see what Gordy's is about but only if there's by-passes on the Gnarly.....

The bypasses at gordys are actually less legit than the trails...
Looking more like snow. Do you guys have a preference for Gallina or Jemez?
Both will be somewhat exploratory and may end up just mild forest roads
Gallina is further away (come in and out through Cuba/La Jara), more road miles, but on the plus side there's no chance we'd go through slowass jemez pueblo.
Jemez may be a well worn path, which could be a plus if snow is deep'ish

Like Pappy said, I don't want to have body damage either. I wouldn't have a Jemez preference, but the Cuba area is mas bueno bonito! You would be the tour guide. I'm 90% in, maybe with Mrs Chompers co-pilating.

Well, I hate to do this ... but life is getting in the way. I'm out.

Like Pappy said, I don't want to have body damage either. I wouldn't have a Jemez preference, but the Cuba area is mas bueno bonito! You would be the tour guide. I'm 90% in, maybe with Mrs Chompers co-pilating.

Cool, so SFNF it is. Meet at the Giant conoco station in Cuba (North end of town, not the mcdonalds shell) at 9:30 AM if that works I'll be in my gray 94 P/U

Well, I hate to do this ... but life is getting in the way. I'm out.

:( sad, but understand, seems like there's a lot of that going around

Maudie and I will see you then and there! Anybody else want to join in the adventure?

Well how was it fellas? Sorry we couldn't go, the warm weather honey do list is just too long this weekend!

We meet this am, there's still time to join in. Get yer stuff together and roll!

Chris, Maudie, thanks for a great day- you guys are great to travel with!
Perfect day in the hills. Saw new places, wildlife, blue skies and great views, got stuck and unstuck, didn't get wet and cold.
Here's some lame iphone pics

IMG_2315.JPG
IMG_2319.JPG
IMG_2321.JPG
IMG_2322.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom