Suitable Gasket Sealant for oil pan replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m in the process of replacing the glasses on my oil plan. There is a post from @Poser that I have been using as a guide. He uses a carquest supreme black gasketing silicone sealant for the corners and on the saddle of the gasket. I couldn’t find anything similar at the auto parts store so I bought a Permatex form a gasket sealant instead of driving to another store. I used the sealant but haven’t driven the truck yet (I’m doing some other work and in the process of putting everything back together). Now, I’m questioning my decision. Will this Permatex sealant do the trick or should redo the gasket with the silicone sealant?

IMG_9022.jpeg

IMG_9024.jpeg

Toyota sells a good FIPG that I really like. It's expensive, but works better than anything else I've ever used:

ADD 014.JPG

I used it on my oil pan and side (pushrod gallery) cover; still zero leaks after 13+ years.

At this point just leave it and see what happens. It will probably be fine. That Toyota FIPG (form in place gasket) is very excellent stuff. It’s available for motor oil contact (the black stuff) or transmission fluid contact (the orange stuff)

00295-00103​

black fipg. only use that stuff. dont use the orange on the oil pan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom