Suggest the easiest way to fix my hacked up exhaust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm sure this is no big deal for any kind of reputable exhaust shop. The key being reputable. It's virtually guaranteed that they deal with worse every day from the meth-fueled cat thieves out there.

Since Otramm stopped making the stainless exhaust components, I'd just go with Magnaflow or similar and let exhaust pros weld in whatever's necessary.

I did it in mine. No extending the harness, If I remember correctly. This is a no cutting, welding, etc solution. If you want pics I can get some this afternoon.

I did it in mine. No extending the harness, If I remember correctly. This is a no cutting, welding, etc solution. If you want pics I can get some this afternoon.
Sure that would be great. Mostly I'm curious if the connections are in the same spot on the rhd cars

Well. I see where my exhaust leak is. Where the downpipe attaches to the exhaust manifold there is only one stud and bolt. The flange is twisted slightly so it's currently impossible to get a new stud in. I'll have to loosen up enough crap to get a new seal in and a new stud

Well. Went to get pics and I can’t get my hood to unlatch. 🤯. Once I figure that out, I’ll get some. At some point…

why would a thief spend the time to weld on straight pipes? lol.

I tried to fix the leak at the manifold. There's only one stud and nut installed and no gasket. No wonder its leaking. I can't get the flanges apart enough to get a gasket over the extension of the pipe through the flange. There just isn't really enough space between the frame and pipe. I can cut it but iwa t a generic cat welded in anyway so I'll have to take it to a s***ty exhaust shop.

I bought this generic header with cat. Had a local shop connect down stream of the new cat adding in a new muffler and bungs. Spent $1,100.00.

So the bigger question is you bought the LC without looking at the exhaust or what?

Side question. My o2 sensors are two wire. All the replacements I see are four wire. Is that odd? Normal? Are the jdm cruisers two wire and the US 4? Again this is a 93 obd1

Don't forget to replace the exhaust trunnion while you redo the system.

Although I just caught yours is a RHD, so more than likely that one will not work for you, steering and all...
The steering column is above the wye pipe. No difference there. But they might line up with the manifolds and be workable

Last edited:
The steering column is above the wye pipe. No difference there. But they might line up with the manifolds and be workable
On mine, it bolted right up. I had to have it shipped to my folks in MN and then have them ship it to me...CO, Cali. byproduct

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom