suddenly changed in starting operation , increase in idle, fuel rich , smoke when cold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have a 1995 vx LC 1hd-ft ... all of a sudden the starting operation has changed , winds over different, like the timing had changed, use to just flick key and go, now takes about 2-3 seconds, ...now also the rev has increased by about 250-300 and is now sitting at about 950-1000 rpm, also smells very rich, and blue/white smoke in morning until warm, i have had a couple of auto sparks check all electrical circuits , and seem ok,... can these jump in the timing?? , fuel pump timing, engine timing ..??or any other issues can cause this trouble, thanks

Start with glow glow plug system as a working system offers instant starts, check fusible link to glow.
Have you messed with any wiring?
Also check fuel primer/hoses, press the primer a few times till you feel resistance, an air tight system will require only a couple of pumps. You will not see fuel because leaks are caused by vacuum and thus suck air into the fuel system.

Start with glow glow plug system as a working system offers instant starts, check fusible link to glow.
Have you messed with any wiring?
Also check fuel primer/hoses, press the primer a few times till you feel resistance, an air tight system will require only a couple of pumps. You will not see fuel because leaks are caused by vacuum and thus suck air into the fuel system.
thank you, i will do that

Timing belts jumping a tooth is uncommon but its easy to pull the cover off and have a look. When was the belt changed?

Do these have much in the way of sensors?
One of them could be failing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom