Stupid question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y’all,

Yesterday I broke a semi hard hose, it runs from over by the carb somewhere, over the top of the engine behind the air cleaner and down the passenger side of the engine block. It connect to the block, not sure what it connects to though. I’ll add a pic. Anyways, anyone know what the hose is called so I can replace it? Thanks for any help
-Rick
6FF4A92F-C50B-4452-8AEF-069391584E93.jpeg

PCV hose. Connects to a pipe that goes to the fitting on the side of the intake manifold.

You'll need to replace it with hose designed for PCV (vacuum). It needs to be a thick stiff hose otherwise the vacuum (with the help of the engine heat) will collapse it. Fuel hose won't work. It'll collapse.

You'll need to replace it with hose designed for PCV (vacuum). It needs to be a thick stiff hose otherwise the vacuum (with the help of the engine heat) will collapse it. Fuel hose won't work. It'll collapse.
Thanks for the tip! SOR sells one, but’s it’s like 35$, dont really know what it should cost but that feels high. Should I just get a few feet of pcv hose from an auto store? And idea of the ID on it?
Forgot to mention I have an 87 fj60

You’ve got a nice original looking engine bay. If you can get the correct part for only $35, you should probably do that.

You’ve got a nice original looking engine bay. If you can get the correct part for only $35, you should probably do that.
That’s actually a screen shot from google! It was dark last night when I broke it😂 mine isn’t that clean, but I do think I’ll order from SOR since I’m not in any big rush

If PCV specific hose is not available, PS return or hydraulic return hose is also a good choice: thick wall so it won't collapse under vacuum, and it is oil proof.

If you have a Local NAPA or Carquest (advance auto, now) they will usually sell you Gates 27004 (Fuel Line/PCV/EEC Hose) by the foot.

SOR did have a molded piece, though, IIRC ...

Thank y’all for the help, I’ll be headed into town later, if they have something I’ll go with that, if not I’ll order from SOR. Again, appreciate all the help
-Rick

Silicon vac hose is nice too if you have a race or tuner shop in town

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom