Stove or grill? (1 Viewer)

Do you prefer cooking with a stove or a grill while camping?

• Stove

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • Grill

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the 16" lodge grill/griddle, an army issued MSR multi-fuel stove, a Camp Chef summit and a 12 year old Jet Boil.

I usually take the Jet Boil on day trips, the lodge combo and Camp Chef stove on multi day trips and the MSR for hiking.

The Jet Boil gets a ton of use though because it comes to work with me daily along with a Snowpeak French press and GSI coffee grinder. It's also been to Iraq and Afghanistan and seen frequent use there too. That little stove isn't the most compact in the world but it has more salt/miles on it than most gear I own and has never had one hiccup. (Assuming you dont let the fuel get exposed to freezing temps. Keep the canister insulated in a wet suit sleeve/wool sock or other similar item).

I do enjoy my Camp Chef too but those plastic clips are garbage and I wish the stove body was a tad thicker/more ridgid. I've been using for about a year and a half and those are my only complaints so far.

I to like the small cheap grill that uses a standard small propane. You can put 4 bottles in and get the lid on. I pack a single screw on burner that goes right on the bottle for coffee and what not. Between that, and the grill it works nicely and packs well. The single burner fits in the biggest pot so it all takes little space.

I finally put my 1980 coleman stove away and went propane. It was a tough decision. I got a
GSI Pinnacle Pro stove. It's got a couple of small things to get used to but it's the size of a laptop and
it's super nice to use, couldn't be happier.

If it's a family outing we use the firepan from the rafting gearbox. Good for wildfire country. Then you just make a bonfire in it after cooking.

At work I use an old msr whisperlite. Bulletproof - the darn thing will probably outlive me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom