storing vs. driving (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm going to escape the frozen north for a couple of months this winter and need to decide whether to let my cruiser hibernate for that time or let someone drive it. I'm leaning towards pulling the battery and letting it sit, but thought some of you might be interested in persuading me otherwise. As an aside, I've been very pleased with its performance in the snow so far. 4WD and a lot of weight are a great combo. It's much more stable than my old '85 4runner was. I thought the Runner was inferior to a 4WD subaru in the snow, unless the snow was quite deep, but the cruiser is hands down better than either one in any conditions.

I let mine hibernate most of the winter. The salt is a killer. I do drive it on the dry days, when I need a cruiser fix. I try to pressure wash the underside regularly.

I drove the hell out of Cherry Baby last winter and am now the proud owner of new rear quarter panels - I think I pretty much sealed the previous metal's fate with the 1500+ miles I did in snow, ice and salt.

I agree on the snow performance. I drove all around my area rescuing SUVs during the 18" snow storm we got last year. Funny thing is, I found out when I got home that my front hubs were stripped the whole time...I'd been doing all that hauling folks out of ditches in 2WD!!

cruzersm.jpg

Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom