Stihl recall (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought a 90R combi last summer and I have to say that the gas cap is an absolute bitch to close after less than one year of use. I was certainly glad to see the recall in the mail a few days ago. Unfortunately I haven't made it by the dealer yet but I will very soon.

Thanks for posting this, I just checked my FS90R and it's in the recall batch, I have a "D" cap. Ya, I think it's too hard to put back on, hopefully the revised cap will be better.

On the plus side, I refilled the spool with some of that new red string the other day, dayum that thing goes thru anything now.

Took my 550 blower cap by the CO-OP for the replacement and the clerk got pissed 'cause I didn't have the serial number. He had to look it up on the terminal!

I took my FS90 in today, clerk/tech cheerfully did the swap. He said they got a lot of complaints about the caps, this fixes it. I have to agree, it is much easier now and a more positive "lock" when to get it closed.

I took my FS90 in today, clerk/tech cheerfully did the swap. He said they got a lot of complaints about the caps, this fixes it. I have to agree, it is much easier now and a more positive "lock" when to get it closed.

What dealer did you use? I went to my local dealer where I bought my FS90R and the guy was a total jerk about the recall, and I still do not have the new cap.

Thanks

Any STIHL dealer can assist you with the cap recall. It does not have to be the one you bought the unit from.

What dealer did you use? I went to my local dealer where I bought my FS90R and the guy was a total jerk about the recall, and I still do not have the new cap.

Thanks

Proof of purchase is not required. Proof of ownership is not required.

The new caps work perfectly. I just snapped a pic of the serial numbers on my br600 and fs130 and showed it to the dealer. Take your old caps with you. They're easy to remove.

Thanks

North Country Tractor, the one in Dover. I bought my trimmer and blower there, they have always been very helpful and professional. I was fine with letting the guy stick his fingers down into the stinky gas tank to change it out (I hate that smell). I also get parts for my old Ariens snowblower there, the last time the guy talked me out of bringing it in to get the belts changed, he took me back to the repair shop and showed me how to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom