“Steve” 1998 UZJ100: a daily driver with stock needs but overland dreams (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3A6FD276-C54D-4E6D-9C22-A78471E6782A.jpeg

Haven’t done much exploring. But have been driving it regularly.

Was disappointed to see this in the firewall. Dang rodents. Stuffed dryer sheets into the valley below the air intake and along the firewall. Hopefully that will discourage additional visits.

IMG_9017.jpeg

IMG_9019.jpeg

IMG_9163.jpeg
IMG_9162.jpeg

Lots of just running around.

Struggled with the used flexible panels on the roof pushing enough power to keep up with the fridge.

Prime day deal got me. ECOFlow 100w panels 2x for $139. Bolted together and pre wired them.
These will get put on the roof and 3M VHB down to the tent. I’m going to set it up so that the whole tent assembly can be disconnected at the roof rack and the whole thing lifted off if needed.

IMG_9137.jpeg

IMG_9185.jpeg

IMG_9186.jpeg

Won’t be as low profile as the flexible panels. But they should be more efficient and have a cleaner wire routing.

Time to order wheel bearings.

View attachment 3474209

Haven’t done much exploring. But have been driving it regularly.

Was disappointed to see this in the firewall. Dang rodents. Stuffed dryer sheets into the valley below the air intake and along the firewall. Hopefully that will discourage additional visits.

View attachment 3474210

View attachment 3474211

View attachment 3474207View attachment 3474206

Lots of just running around.

Struggled with the used flexible panels on the roof pushing enough power to keep up with the fridge.

Prime day deal got me. ECOFlow 100w panels 2x for $139. Bolted together and pre wired them.
These will get put on the roof and 3M VHB down to the tent. I’m going to set it up so that the whole tent assembly can be disconnected at the roof rack and the whole thing lifted off if needed.

View attachment 3474208

View attachment 3474204

View attachment 3474205

Won’t be as low profile as the flexible panels. But they should be more efficient and have a cleaner wire routing.

Time to order wheel bearings.
Moved down to LA area permanently?

Moved down to LA area permanently?

That is what the wife is telling me. 😵‍💫🤷‍♂️

Have spent more time with family in the last 5 months than the last 10 years so that has been really nice.

Seattle Cruiser groups are a hard group to beat so we will see if the locals down here can compete.

Funny thing is that my Brother just took a job in Tacoma and is moving his family up in the next month or so.

At least I’ll have a couple reasons to visit.

That is what the wife is telling me. 😵‍💫🤷‍♂️

Have spent more time with family in the last 5 months than the last 10 years so that has been really nice.

Seattle Cruiser groups are a hard group to beat so we will see if the locals down here can compete.

Funny thing is that my Brother just took a job in Tacoma and is moving his family up in the next month or so.

At least I’ll have a couple reasons to visit.
Awesome to spend time with family, that definitely makes moving easier. New areas to explore are definitely a plus too. Some places are just such a long drive to get to from WA, you have great access to all the cool stuff in the SW now.

What LC groups were you a member of up here? None of my friends are into Land Cruisers. Wife and I just go out by ourselves 🤷🏼‍♂️

Awesome to spend time with family, that definitely makes moving easier. New areas to explore are definitely a plus too. Some places are just such a long drive to get to from WA, you have great access to all the cool stuff in the SW now.

What LC groups were you a member of up here? None of my friends are into Land Cruisers. Wife and I just go out by ourselves 🤷🏼‍♂️

Check these groups out. Though I think you posted in the NSC FB Group already 😂.

North Sound Cruisers

Seattle Cruiserheads

Check these groups out. Though I think you posted in the NSC FB Group already 😂.

North Sound Cruisers

Seattle Cruiserheads

Yeah I recently found the North Sound group but it seems pretty darn slow in there. Maybe more active in person?

I’ll check out the other one as well though. I admittedly don’t hardly ever use FB. I’m old I guess and like forums better lol

Yeah I recently found the North Sound group but it seems pretty darn slow in there. Maybe more active in person?

I’ll check out the other one as well though. I admittedly don’t hardly ever use FB. I’m old I guess and like forums better lol

Mixed you up with someone else than on the FB group. They do have more traffic on FB over Mud. Funny how some clubs are really active on one platform vs another.

Both SCH and NSC are good people. You should try to connect with either. You’ll find others in the community to hang with.

Seattle is a great place to enjoy Cruisers with others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom