Stereo Security Code (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think if the key image is illuminated on the head unit and you don't know the code, your only alternative is going to a Toyota dealer. If the key symbol doesn't show, then no code is entered.

I used to have all of the codes that the dealer has. It was a sheet of all Toyota radio codes. I found it on a Supra forum after I locked myself out of my Supra radio. I'm pretty sure it covered all codes through 98 so you might want to get on the Supraforums.com and see if you can find it.

I had a battery disconnect and removed for A/C pipe replacment for about an hour, and reconnected with no code require, readio/cd working as before, only the Time needs to reset. I have 97 too!!

scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

scan.jpg

found it, not sure what year models this spans, but it's a good chunk of toyota radios from the 90's. good luck.

This thread worked perfect for my 92. The way to enter the 3 digit code is to hit the Tune up arrow right next to the one and hold it down then hit the 1 at the same time. This will make a --- up and down arrow display. Enter a 3 digit code like it says above and then hold down Scan, this will produce the first error, do this 10 times and now its in HELP mode. Now you can start the above procedure.

I glad it helped someone else. I found this when I locked myself out of my Supra radios.

Will this work with the LX radio? Need to pull the battery out and I am afraid to do it and lose the radio...

Swapped my 7 year old battery out last week and ran into this. What a pain. Thank you jlg32281 for the solution.

Swapped my 7 year old battery out last week and ran into this. What a pain. Thank you jlg32281 for the solution.

Very timely. I am planning on changing my battery and I don't have the code for my LX450 so I called the dealer in Reno, NV last week and asked them to check my VIN# and find my code. The answer they gave me was: "Lexus doesn't use security codes on their radios. I thought it sounded wrong...Thanks for the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom