Steering wheel making odd clicking sound, feels stiff at certain points it turn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beehanger

SILVER Star
Threads
hi all,
Posting a video on some clicking noises and intermittent stiffness in different points of turn revolution of the steering wheel. The grip is also coming lose, probably the glue wearing down and the leather feels loose. Not sure if it’s time for a new steering wheel. 85’ 60. I got pissed off about something and hit it one day and it’s been doing the noise ever since really annoying and weird to turn.

PS anyone have any idea what the residue under my fuel cap is? Posted that pic as well. it’s not a current head gasket leak that’s the only think I couldn think of tho.

link for both fj60 steering - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/in0jmy9pdv8slko/AADqmDP6XYnJ373a5zltkZVEa?dl=0

That’s sounds more like scraping than clicking to me. I bet you bent something. And that definately looks like coolant in your oil.

That’s sounds more like scraping than clicking to me. I bet you bent something. And that definately looks like coolant in your oil.
Maybe an old blown head gasket that left residue? I’ve put 2k miles on it since noticing that, it was there since I bought from Previous owner 2 months ago. Getting no head gasket smells either

Unless you are the size of Shaq or have the iron fist it’s unlikely you punched the thing hard enough to bend anything. The noise sounds like rubbing on the plastic column cover. You could take the plastic column pieces off and see if the noise goes away.

Looks like someone swapped an fj62 wheel

My old toy pickup makes the same sound. The .22 casing trick with some grease will fix it for awhile. You might just need the grease.
Regarding the truffle cream on the "710" cap, it's probably just condensation. unless you are seeing it on your dipstick too, you shouldn't worry about it.

Unless you are the size of Shaq or have the iron fist it’s unlikely you punched the thing hard enough to bend anything. The noise sounds like rubbing on the plastic column cover. You could take the plastic column pieces off and see if the noise goes away.
You underestimate my power!

" I have the High ground Anakin Don't try it!"
*punches steering wheel with iron first*

Looks like someone swapped an fj62 wheel
The thing needs replacing anyway, glue came off underneath the cover, very bendy and annyoying to hold on to. Anyone know where I can Send it in to get reglued or new wheel?

Steering wheels pop up on eBay. Probably a few available in the Mud parting out classifieds. Also a good time to consider going to an aftermarket steering wheel.

You underestimate my power!

" I have the High ground Anakin Don't try it!"
*punches steering wheel with iron first*
@Seth S I still think my reply was funny and deserved a laugh emoji.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom