Starts up then stalls right away - Help diagnose please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had this happen to them before or have an idea of what the issue may be?

I have had this happen several times in the last month but it does not happen every time I start the car. I just charged the battery fully today to make sure that wasn't the issue and it still occurred. I solved the problem by revving the engine a bit once it turned over and it did not stall out after 15 seconds or so of higher rpms. This was happening on my wife's rav4 and it was the evaporator purge valve. Her issue was only coming up after getting gas though so I do not think it is the same issue?

After reading around a bit more I am going to clean the Throttle body and Mass airflow sensor and see if that helps anything out.

Very similar issue on ‘00 LX. Seems to happen <10% of starts and is remedied by turning key and giving it gas. My assumption was old/dirty fuel pump, but that looks newish. Next was fuel pump, but I’m going to try fuel pressure regulator as suggested by some of the guys on one of the umpteen FB groups.

Very similar issue on ‘00 LX. Seems to happen <10% of starts and is remedied by turning key and giving it gas. My assumption was old/dirty fuel pump, but that looks newish. Next was fuel pump, but I’m going to try fuel pressure regulator as suggested by some of the guys on one of the umpteen FB groups.
I'll keep you posted but I cleaned my MAF Sensor and Throttle Body last night and the truck started up great 3 times already. Hoping this fixed it as it was much cheaper than getting a new fuel pump!!

I'll keep you posted but I cleaned my MAF Sensor and Throttle Body last night and the truck started up great 3 times already. Hoping this fixed it as it was much cheaper than getting a new fuel pump!!
Seems like that was the issue as it is starting up nicely now and I have not encountered the issue again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom