starter wires

cruiserjunktion

Cruiserjunktion@gmail.com
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star

hello,

What plugs to the spade circled in pink?

Does the plug with the green arrow go on the spade circled in pink?

If not where does it go?

Do the pos battery wire and the purple wire that goes bcak into the cab get
attached at the end of the red arrow?

Does anything connect to the turquiose arrow?

thx

mel
starter question.JPG

ok I just have to give you a Thumbs up for your drawing.....That picture rules!....what year rig is this I'm assuming it's a 40....if it's the same as mine I'll take a pic and post it tonight

HI^C

What yr.

you should have both the GREEN and PINK have seperate plugs coming from your wiring harness in the vehicle.

They will be right after the plug for the heater fan.

Turquise (sp) will be power to starter Self wired already. BLUE is power direct from battery.

Battery wire goes to the Red Arrow. That looks like a well placed fusable link wire there marked in purple to go to the battery. A BW wire from the starter (ST) terminal on the ignition switch goes to the blade marked with the pink. I would guess that the black wire with the terminal goes to the Ammeter. Strictly speaking, that should be a white wire. It looks like someone took the black wire with clip that goes from the coil to the solenoid on the carb and put it there for some reason.

Anyway, standard on a 71, there should be only 3 wires coming off the starter. Battery, ammeter (W), and Ignition, terminal ST (BW).

The blue arrow marked stud should have nothing attached.

Last edited:

HawkDriver

hahaha

That pic gets an A+ and a gold star! Nice work.

Sorry no help here. :D

EDIT: OMG it's even better the second time you look at it, I'm rollin. Not being a d :censor: k, I truly like it man. :)

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor

andrewfarmer said:
Balck wire goes to ballast bypass for starting

They call it an 'exciter' wire here. Toyota stopped offering replacement starters with the exciter wire YEARS ago, but there are still plenty of cores out there that have them on it.

It helps a little in the colder weather.

Top Bottom