Squirt (formally Brownie) gets a new Mom and Dad - Erin's Sami Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@jynx I'm just wondering does the "Fire" sauce make the fuel burn hotter? I also see some good thread sealant from McAlister's, good choice. :)

Little known fact: fire sauce = octane booster

However the chocolate chip cookie sealant only seems to gum things up. It's easy to clean off your fingers though. ;)

Erin drug'em into the shop this afternoon ahead of the rain. I took the opportunity to peel the crusty top off. Now that it can be kept under cover, probably going to ditch it completely.

20191121_200440.jpg

20191121_200505.jpg

20191121_200544.jpg

We have a set of 31" bfg at k02s in the barn, so other than the fuel system work, going to see about breaking down the tires, cleaning the beads and then having the k02s mounted.

I still need to rebuild the driver's side knuckle and have shock mounts to install. Maybe we'll get him up and going again soon.

Got the rest of my fittings today.

Here is the layout.

20191122_202321.jpg

Got the 3/8 hard line and braided in the garage, I'll pick up the 5/16 rubber tomorrow when I get stuff for an oil change.

Pulled the janky hoop off the rear after I pulled the top. Not sure it it will get a full top or if we will just do a bikini. Pulled the PS door off and will pull the DS tomorrow.

I got some 5/16" fuel line and flipped the inlet on the weber and ran a line from the pump to the carb. I need to pull some vacuum and coolant lines out of the way so I can get the old fuel lines to pull them and start plumbing.

20191130_162753.jpg

The tailgate is coming off and I'm going to build a set of half gate ambi doors for Erin to make getting stuff in and out a little easier for her.

Also aired all the tires up so I could roll it around inside the shop.

Other than the fuel system, I gotta get the trans pulled so I can replace the wore out clutch.

Well, we spent yesterday cruising around Hickman county on some of their many dirt roads so today after church I worked on the squirt a little.

I like to have never got the inlet hose off the heater core. Ended up taking pretty much everything on that side off, including the old charcoal canister. Finally after cutting and pulling and cutting and pulling more I got everything free and clear.

I bought some hoses from the parts house, but they are no where near right, so I'll be returning those and trying to find some OEM hoses. Had to pull them to replace as they had been hacked in half to install the heater lines for the old propane regulator.

Anyway here is the empty hole.

20191208_170929.jpg

And here is what used to be in said hole.

20191208_170949.jpg

And though careful, we had a bit of a scare as the new pup got close to having a taste of the spilled coolant, but I think we scared him before he got into it. Been keeping an eye on him for the last few hours and all seems good. I had no more than told Erin to make sure he doesn't get over near it when I heard her yelling at him... dang kids.

Anyway, gonna order hoses and hopefully get them buttoned back up soon. I'm ready to get this little mule up and running again.

I picked up a pair of hoses from one of the box stores and got them home and one look and I decided that they weren't even close. So a quick walkabout on the ebay and I have 3 OEM hoses that should be here next week sometime. So I guess I will stop procrastinating and get the fuel tank mounted and get it plumbed up so once I get the heater hoses installed, I can plumb up the carb and see if I can get it to fire up.

I thought about just bypassing the heater, but if it is going to be a farm truck, I figure being able to stick the doors on and crank the heat up might be handy in the winter.

BTT. In true fashion, im a year from the last post in this thread. The poor squirt got relegated to the back of the shop, but Erin and I started talking about it this weekend, so going to get back on it this winter.

To-do:
  • Finish the coolant line replacement
  • Finish plumbing the fuel system
  • Oil change
  • Coolant fill/ replacement
  • New tires
  • Finish rebuilding front axle
  • Install shocks
  • Rebuild front brakes
  • Replace clutch
Looks worse than it is, I already have most of the stuff scattered around, so just got to dig back in and get'er done.

Just putting this here for later :hmm:

Sam86375735_o (1).jpg

Dude, back-half it, stretch the wheelbase and add a little bed. That'd be sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom