Squeaky clutch pedal in 00' 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

H

Hodag

Weve got a 00' 4Runner for the wife and the clutch pedal squeaks on both the push and pull strokes. I got under the dash and gave what I thought looked like the pivot points each a shot of Zep45. This cured the problem for about a day. It seems like when I drove it this morning the pedal hangs up a little on the release stroke. Is there something I can take apart and grease? Or is there something else to look for? I told the wife to turn up the radio, but shes not having it. Any help is appreciated. Hodag

PS. It has also been as cold as a witches tit here lately (-2 yesterday morning) dont know if this is part of the prob or not.

your problem is the Clutch Pedal Bushing. I've replaced mine twice and I buy spares when I do it. Here's a write-up by a bud on YotaTech:

http://www.4runners.org/articles/clutchbush/

If you're not mech inclined and live near me I'd be more than happy to lend a hand, just let me know.

Thanks for the help

Thanks, the Yotatech article was great, I will be replacing the coil spring with a linear spring this weekend. Thanks again, Hodag

I installed the linear spring a while ago, it helped with the squeek. But it wasn't until I changed my clutch this past weekend that my squeek was FIXED. I found the clutch fork pivot point to be totally dry (no grease) so I cleaned it and lubed the hell out of it with high temp grease. This along with a new clutch have my 4Runner clutching better than new!

I think it is possible to lube the pivot point without removing the clutch by removing the slave cylinder then removing the rubber boot around the clutch fork. You can then possibly reach into the bell housing and lube the pivot point. It would be worth giving it a try if you are inclined to tear into it like me.

Keisur, if I remember correctly you posted on YT that you sprayed some lube into the clutch fork area and your sqeek was fixed temporarily. That would support my finding of a dry pivot point.

Good Luck guys!

Albuquerque Jim said:
Keisur, if I remember correctly you posted on YT that you sprayed some lube into the clutch fork area and your sqeek was fixed temporarily. That would support my finding of a dry pivot point.

Good Luck guys!

That's right. I use White Lithium Grease in the aerasol can and give it a squirt everytime I do my u-joints now. that part stays quiet now. My pedal bushing is going again now, but I bought extra bushings last time I bought so I will do it one of these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom