SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My SQOD:
Is this oil pressure reading 'normal' for engine temperature at 1500rpm? 55K miles and just had 60k service done at Lexus dealer.
Photo Aug 16, 5 07 17 PM.jpg

I understand. :)
My point was...that’s as “automatic” as it gets for most of us. :cheers:

There is one more way to make them slightly more automatic(ish). When you park, push the button and they’ll fold in. Turn the vehicle off then push the button again. When you come back and start it up, the mirrors will “automatically” fold out.

There is one more way to make them slightly more automatic(ish). When you park, push the button and they’ll fold in. Turn the vehicle off then push the button again. When you come back and start it up, the mirrors will “automatically” fold out.

Whoa. Just tried this, it works! Very cool! Thanks!! :beer:

SQOD - My 2014 LX only has a camera on the passenger side mirror. Is this normal? The display seems to have a 3 camera modes, but it does nothing.

SQOD - My 2014 LX only has a camera on the passenger side mirror. Is this normal? The display seems to have a 3 camera modes, but it does nothing.
Yes to mirror mounted camera, that is normal. Does nothing? Push the button next to the parking sensor on/off button. That should get you different views.

Push the button next to the parking sensor on/off button.
No, I mean the 2/3 square icons on the display when front cameras are active. It appears to do nothing. My assumption was 2 was for front and right and 3 would be left right and front. Obviously no left exists.

No, I mean the 2/3 square icons on the display when front cameras are active. It appears to do nothing. My assumption was 2 was for front and right and 3 would be left right and front. Obviously no left exists.
Ah... I think, IIRC properly, by selecting 3 of 3 it allows for 3 different views when you toggle vs 2. 2/3 shows composite side/fwd and just fwd. 3/3 gives a big, expanded side view as well.

When the maintenance schedule says "torque propeller shaft bolt" it actually means bolts, right? As in the 4 bolts that attach the flange to the TC and diffs?

When the maintenance schedule says "torque propeller shaft bolt" it actually means bolts, right? As in the 4 bolts that attach the flange to the TC and diffs?
Yes. On my 4Runner in 277k the bolts never moved. I checked a total of 4-5 times early-on then stopped. Just before I sold it I checked again. The wrench clicked and I pulled a little more, nothing moved. On my new-to-me LX they were all tight. The 200 is heavier and more powerful than my old car, I’m not sure that after confirming the bolts are tight ignoring them is a good program. Perhaps someone else will chime in.

Tip: While doing driveshaft stuff don’t over grease the center grease fitting on the rear driveshaft. On the other 5 you can pump until grease oozes out. On that one, if it’s been a while, limit yourself to 4-5 pumps. If it’s been done recently 2-3 pumps is sufficient. That middle area needs to be able to slide (expand and contract in length). If it’s overpacked with grease it may not compress (shorten as rear axle pushes up) properly (especially in colder climates).

Last edited:
Who can tell me a part number for this plug thing under the second row seat? One of mine is broken. I'm not smart enough to find it on the parts diagrams. View attachment 1789852

Stumbled upon this old post today...I'm looking for this part,too. Can anyone tell me the name or part number of that (broken) round rubber cap thing? (see the photo in the quoted post)

So I'm running 265/65/18 and just noticed there's rubbing at full lock. Could this be caused by my alignment being off. It doesn't feel that off, just guessing. Didn't use to be like this until I wheeled it kind of hard a few months ago

20190831_091950.jpg

Last edited:
So I'm running 265/65/18 and just noticed there's rubbing at full lock. Could this be caused by my alignment being off. It doesn't feel that off, just guessing. Didn't use to be like this until I wheeled it kind of hard a few months ago

View attachment 2071879
Something shifted. Hopefully just the alignment cams slid a bit. I’d try an alignment first.

What’s the offset on your wheels? I ran 275/65r18 for a year with zero rubbing. . .

Definitely not worth it without tundra arms, extended axles and 37s. Lots of not necessary to run 33s on 20s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom