Spray in contact cleaners, are they any better than compressed air? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caladin

Noob, but trying to learn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bz93.com
I've been seeing cans of spray in contact cleaner.

Amazon product ASIN B000BXOGNI
Is there a brand anyone reccomends as safe for fj60s?
One that removes corrosion?

Or are they just as effective as a can of compressed air to blow the dustout?
When you read the description it seems it removes dust oils and waxes from say smoking... and that's teh really harsh ones.

Looking for something safe to spray in a fj60 fan switch and ac switch before i wind up taking them apart. I never got my fj40 light switch back together after i took it apart.. the little balls went flying.

THanks,

Eric-

I use that spray when I disassemble electronic switches, etc. leaves no film or residue that I can tell. I assume that’s your intended use? It’s closer to an electronic parts safe brake cleaner than it is to compressed air

I use this on my vintage audio equipment. It works really well on oxidation and light corrosion. It is pretty amazing stuff and safe for all electronics. Can find it on Amazon.​

Hosa D5S-6 CAIG DeoxIT 5% Spray Contact Cleaner.​

The CRC stuff would be what I'd use on an automotive switch. That should be fine. Definitely better than compressed air. I use DeOxit on my guitar and amp parts, and it's great for audio pots & sliders, but it's a bit expensive and overkill for automotive IMO.

Not cheap but the best.

1664935092722.png

I use this on my vintage audio equipment. It works really well on oxidation and light corrosion. It is pretty amazing stuff and safe for all electronics. Can find it on Amazon.​

Hosa D5S-6 CAIG DeoxIT 5% Spray Contact Cleaner.​

I found a can of that in the garage and I tried it out. The switch certainly moves easier. Fixed the buttons on my mouse too, they were getting unreliable.

I have a loop ammeter coming, so i can test power at each connector wire. Then i can do before and after tests of this chemical.

I use the deoxit then an electrical grease to keep out the water.

I might have to try this on the volume pot in my vacuum tube amp. Far more affordable than replacing the tubes first 😂

That's how I discovered it: highly recommend by the guys into vintage vacuum tube HiFi stuff back in the stone age when we only posted on Black and green screen bulletin boards.

Brought my McIntosh pre-amps back to life.

Last edited:
I might have to try this on the volume pot in my vacuum tube amp. Far more affordable than replacing the tubes first 😂
Works great on pots and switches. My volume would pop when adjusted. Applied this and now super quiet. I have used it on all my switches, pots and tube sockets.

Works great on pots and switches. My volume would pop when adjusted. Applied this and now super quiet. I have used it on all my switches, pots and tube sockets.
NICE! That's exactly what I'm hearing in my amp every time I adjust the volume. It's going on my next Amazon order....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom