For Sale Spokane WA 95 FZJ80 & 69 Hewes Craft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Maroon
Back on the market. Please understand that this is not a 200 with 50k miles on it. There has been a lot of work done but as with these trucks, they can always be taken to the next level. Case in point, steers fine, tracks great does not wander but eventually a Red Head steering box would be nice. Everything is functional but not showroom condition. Hopefully the pictures show the true state if it, which is very good. I have noticed that some people become enamored with the idea of something and wistfully discard the realities associated with the act of owning that something. I you are looking at FJ80's or older then you are likely a gear head. Gear heads are who these vehicles need to be in the hands of. Other people will not understand and likely not be able to cope with ownership of vehicles like the classic land crushers. Nuff said.

Bought from a friend about a year ago. It was her primary driver for over 10 years. I knew the car well and what it needed so after roughly 6500 dollars in parts and uncounted hours of labor over the last year it is pretty much done. Was going to use it with the refurbished Hewes Craft boat to access smaller more remote lakes for fishing or for beach launches. This only has the center lock. Was going to put ARB's front and rear like my neighbor did in his FJ60 but the funds got repurposed. Think we've all been there.

289k miles, no rust. Asking $14,900.

toy2.jpg

toy3.jpg

toy4.jpg

toy5.jpg

toy6.jpg

Work done:

A compression test with the engine warm that I did before I started any of the work showed that all cylinders are near factory new spec. 165-180 psi.

Work done:

Complete knuckle rebuild with trunion bearings.
Wheel bearings replaced.
Birfs disassembled, cleaned up, repacked and all bearings packed
Front axles sleeved,
Relay arm ends replaced.
Tie rod and ends replaced.
Steering stabilizer replaced.
Main seal replaced.
Oil pump cover seal replaced.
Water pump replaced.
Power steering pump replaced.
Distributor seal replaced.
Distributor cap and rotor replaced.
New plugs and wires.
Wheel hub caps replaced.
Wheels polished.
Accessible vacuum hoses replaced. Have the rest and will go to the new owner.
EGR path to intake manifold cleaned out.
EGR vacuum modulator replaced.
Radiator replaced.
Main coolant hoses replaced.
Radiator cap changed to correct cap (12-13 psi)
Thermostat replaced.
Coolant outlet metal pipe replaced.
Orings on coolant outlet and inner pipe replaced.
Coolant replaced.
Window belt molding on passenger side replaced.
Oil changed to Mobil 1 with new oil filter.
UJ's replaced front and rear.
Transmission serviced (by a friend who owns a transmission shop, he said it was in good shape and it does shift with authority).
Both diffs and transfer case oil replaced.
Repaired clear coat issues.
Plasti coated the front bumper and rear bumper (plastic parts only on rear) with a black metallic color
Painted the grill with a satin black but left the chrome parts chrome
Painted the metal 4 hole part of the back bumper with the same satin black.
Refurbished aluminum step part of the rear bumper to clean it up and sealed it with aluminum wheel clear coat.
Installed pintle hitch like the rest of the Land Cruisers around the world are equipped with.
Installed CV diff lock switch
Replaced bulbs in dash and switches that were burnt out.
Replaced front and rear door stock factory paper speakers with Pioneer 6.5 in front and Alpine 4.5 in rear.
Replaced lower end Kenwood stereo head unit someone had installed with higher end Alpine that has bluetooth and phone.
Fixed passenger seat that would not go forward or back with new gears.
Exhaust system rebuilt by a local muffler shop who had done work for me in the past (cat was blocked, one of the bricks was broken off and rotated sideways, its gone and a nice new stainless tip now emerges behind the rear tire which increases ground clearance.
Removed broken and sloppy roof rack and repaired screw holes.
Added Rhino roof rack.
Move spare tire to roof rack for ground clearance (original spot and mechanism still there and functions).
Rixxo seat covers.
Leather steering wheel cover.
LED aux lights.

Lot of cleaning. When I got the rig you needed a shovel to dig for the bolts. Much better now.

Comes with:

4 additional factory wheels. They were the winter wheels and need to be polished.
Third row seats (pulled out early on).
Additional radiator that is in good working condition. (didn't need replacing after all).
Frame hitch (not installed).
Owners manual for car and new stereo.
Service manual.
Miscellaneous parts not yet installed. (additional vacuum hoses, spark plug and valve cover seals for when change needed).

Last edited:
Can a local Toyota dealer service shop still work on this LC
As far I know they can. I'm sure there are parts they can't get however. But then the question arrises, why not just buy a new car with fewer issues if you are going to have someone else work on it?

As far I know they can. I'm sure there are parts they can't get however. But then the question arrises, why not just buy a new car with fewer issues if you are going to have someone else work on it?
I was thinking of driving it cross country and leaving it at my future vacation condo for limited use out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom