For Sale Spokane WA 95 FZJ80 & 69 Hewes Craft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Maroon
Back on the market. Please understand that this is not a 200 with 50k miles on it. There has been a lot of work done but as with these trucks, they can always be taken to the next level. Case in point, steers fine, tracks great does not wander but eventually a Red Head steering box would be nice. Everything is functional but not showroom condition. Hopefully the pictures show the true state if it, which is very good. I have noticed that some people become enamored with the idea of something and wistfully discard the realities associated with the act of owning that something. I you are looking at FJ80's or older then you are likely a gear head. Gear heads are who these vehicles need to be in the hands of. Other people will not understand and likely not be able to cope with ownership of vehicles like the classic land crushers. Nuff said.

Bought from a friend about a year ago. It was her primary driver for over 10 years. I knew the car well and what it needed so after roughly 6500 dollars in parts and uncounted hours of labor over the last year it is pretty much done. Was going to use it with the refurbished Hewes Craft boat to access smaller more remote lakes for fishing or for beach launches. This only has the center lock. Was going to put ARB's front and rear like my neighbor did in his FJ60 but the funds got repurposed. Think we've all been there.

289k miles, no rust. Asking $14,900.

toy2.jpg

toy3.jpg

toy4.jpg

toy5.jpg

toy6.jpg

Work done:

A compression test with the engine warm that I did before I started any of the work showed that all cylinders are near factory new spec. 165-180 psi.

Work done:

Complete knuckle rebuild with trunion bearings.
Wheel bearings replaced.
Birfs disassembled, cleaned up, repacked and all bearings packed
Front axles sleeved,
Relay arm ends replaced.
Tie rod and ends replaced.
Steering stabilizer replaced.
Main seal replaced.
Oil pump cover seal replaced.
Water pump replaced.
Power steering pump replaced.
Distributor seal replaced.
Distributor cap and rotor replaced.
New plugs and wires.
Wheel hub caps replaced.
Wheels polished.
Accessible vacuum hoses replaced. Have the rest and will go to the new owner.
EGR path to intake manifold cleaned out.
EGR vacuum modulator replaced.
Radiator replaced.
Main coolant hoses replaced.
Radiator cap changed to correct cap (12-13 psi)
Thermostat replaced.
Coolant outlet metal pipe replaced.
Orings on coolant outlet and inner pipe replaced.
Coolant replaced.
Window belt molding on passenger side replaced.
Oil changed to Mobil 1 with new oil filter.
UJ's replaced front and rear.
Transmission serviced (by a friend who owns a transmission shop, he said it was in good shape and it does shift with authority).
Both diffs and transfer case oil replaced.
Repaired clear coat issues.
Plasti coated the front bumper and rear bumper (plastic parts only on rear) with a black metallic color
Painted the grill with a satin black but left the chrome parts chrome
Painted the metal 4 hole part of the back bumper with the same satin black.
Refurbished aluminum step part of the rear bumper to clean it up and sealed it with aluminum wheel clear coat.
Installed pintle hitch like the rest of the Land Cruisers around the world are equipped with.
Installed CV diff lock switch
Replaced bulbs in dash and switches that were burnt out.
Replaced front and rear door stock factory paper speakers with Pioneer 6.5 in front and Alpine 4.5 in rear.
Replaced lower end Kenwood stereo head unit someone had installed with higher end Alpine that has bluetooth and phone.
Fixed passenger seat that would not go forward or back with new gears.
Exhaust system rebuilt by a local muffler shop who had done work for me in the past (cat was blocked, one of the bricks was broken off and rotated sideways, its gone and a nice new stainless tip now emerges behind the rear tire which increases ground clearance.
Removed broken and sloppy roof rack and repaired screw holes.
Added Rhino roof rack.
Move spare tire to roof rack for ground clearance (original spot and mechanism still there and functions).
Rixxo seat covers.
Leather steering wheel cover.
LED aux lights.

Lot of cleaning. When I got the rig you needed a shovel to dig for the bolts. Much better now.

Comes with:

4 additional factory wheels. They were the winter wheels and need to be polished.
Third row seats (pulled out early on).
Additional radiator that is in good working condition. (didn't need replacing after all).
Frame hitch (not installed).
Owners manual for car and new stereo.
Service manual.
Miscellaneous parts not yet installed. (additional vacuum hoses, spark plug and valve cover seals for when change needed).

Last edited:
OR:

Car with with boat and trailer 20,900. Boat is a 14 foot 69 Hewes Craft, trailer is about the same vintage. Both completely refurbished. Hewes Craft is a well known brand that is still in business. They build expensive boats these days. This is a boat from their early years.

boat1.jpg

boat2.jpg

boat.jpg

Transom, seats and forward access rebuilt using Sapele.
Current model 15 horse Merc motor with extra prop.
Boat polished.
Rivets do not leak.

Trailer is a tilt bed.
Trailer tongue extended.
Swappable Pintle and 2 inch ball hitch on trailer.
Rewired with LED lights.
Bearings replaced.
Axle moved to below the leaf springs to allow for additional ground clearance so boat could be launched on beaches or cross rough terrain to launch point.
New fish finder included.
All safety gear included.
Starter battery included.
Gas tank included.
Oars included.
Anchor and tackle included.
White Bimini included (wife demanded it, makes fishing a challenge).

Between the car and the boat this is a turnkey back country fishing setup. Stole the idea from the Australians who seem to always build their trucks and "tinny" for expedition use.

Won't sell the boat separate. If someone buys the Car but not the boat, I'm keeping the boat. It'll work behind my F150 just as well as behind the Land Cruiser.

Last edited:
Great looking truck, I'll bite, can you post a few interior shots? There's a bit more detail on underbody/suspension that would get things moving here. I don't need the rack or boat so I guess that would at least be a win for your fishing days!

Nice work! I really like the seat covers. Cruiser looks great and you've done a tremendous amount of work. Hope that you get a buyer.

Great looking truck, I'll bite, can you post a few interior shots? There's a bit more detail on underbody/suspension that would get things moving here. I don't need the rack or boat so I guess that would at least be a win for your fishing days!

I'll grab some more pics tonight when the temps drop below 100. The car has been sitting in the shop next to the boat but the light in there is not enough for good pics.

Hi @rons1957, I'm interested in your truck. I'm based in Seattle, and I could drive out your way, perhaps sometime this weekend. Could we chat more over email or text?

Let me know which you prefer.

Hi @rons1957, I'm interested in your truck. I'm based in Seattle, and I could drive out your way, perhaps sometime this weekend. Could we chat more over email or text?

Let me know which you prefer.
Just sent you a PM with my phone number. I just took photos of the undercarriage and the interior that I was going to post tonight as well.

Undercarriage shots from rear to front, one from the front facing rear and another of the side panel showing the sheet metal. Little dirt but no rust.

bottom1.jpg

bottom2.jpg

bottom3.jpg

bottom4.jpg

bottom5.jpg

Interior shots of cargo area, front/dash from rear seat, rear seat and front from side. The rear seats show some cracking. The cargo area seats (not shown since they were removed) do not look like they were used much. The front seats need to be recovered but the foam is not broken down. Not removing the seat covers to show the cracks because they are far to difficult to reinstall. Steering wheel had the usual wear on this vintage so I installed a high end leather cover (pretty happy with the way it matches). There is a crack on the dash but it does not jump out at you. The drivers side visor is broken but I have it for the next owner. Not really needed as the windshield I put in is tinted. Side panels are in good shape.

inside1.jpg

inside2.jpg

inside3.jpg

toy7.jpg

You should have started with those undercarriage shots! Impressive underbody!

Last edited:
You should have started with those! Impressive underbody.

I think that things were so covered in grease that the water never had a chance to get at anything. Although that does not explain the lack of rust on the body.

Last edited:
Good looking truck!

@rons1957 looks like maybe you have to contact me, I can't find a way to do it - new to the forums so I'm figuring some things out. Let me know how to connect directly. Thanks!

@rons1957 looks like maybe you have to contact me, I can't find a way to do it - new to the forums so I'm figuring some things out. Let me know how to connect directly. Thanks!
I just tried the conversation mechanism of the forum. Let me know if you don't get anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom