Market for third row seats for HE? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

swhme

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m getting ready to start a build on my ‘21 HE w/third row. I know these were pretty rare— is there a market for the seats/seat belts, or should I just stick them in the corner of my garage for the next decade? 😄

Maybe put them in the Mud classifieds for a make offer price and keep them in the corner of your garage in case someone needs them. Let them go cheap or free or swap for something else if you no longer want them?

Remember this isn't classifieds and I will have to delete the post if it looks like your selling them in the Tech section

Mine are in my basement.

Remember this isn't classifieds and I will have to delete the post if it looks like your selling them in the Tech section
Definitely not trying to sell them yet, just trying to figure out if they’re worth more to keep with the truck or not

At a minimum I would keep the seat covers for the material to make a seat repair should something happen or a spot gets heavily worn.

That's a great call. I'm planning for this to be a really long time adventure truck, and want to keep it for many, many years, and I'm not a small guy, so it'd be good to be prepared for a driver's seat bolster repair, at a minimum!

How's the driving and ownership experience of your R1T compare to your LC HE? Off road experiences to compare? I'm sure many others would be interested to know, as well.
Thanks.

How's the driving and ownership experience of your R1T compare to your LC HE? Off road experiences to compare? I'm sure many others would be interested to know, as well.
Thanks.

The R1T is great— you can see a mini-write up here:
Rivian exploring is awesome. - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rivian-exploring-is-awesome.1319050/
I’ve put 30k miles on it in the last 16 months

I’ve never come across an obstacle that has stopped either vehicle. I guess that means I don’t go on hard enough trails 😅 but I’m interested in being able to get to beautiful places and enjoy nature rather than wheeling for the sake of wheeling.

We recently decided to sell the R1T because of the travel we like to do. R1T is great for the San Juans because of the number of charging options (Durango, Purgatory, Ouray, Lake City), but as I’ve been planning our annual trip to Big Bend and doing more exploring here in NM, charging has become a real limiting factor. And we want to do the Dempster Hwy next year, and that would be impossible in the R1T.

Plus, my wife wants an Airstream for when she joins me and the boys, so that would absolutely decimate range.

FWIW, though, I do love both Rivian the vehicle and the brand, and we’re going to buy an R1S next year for my wife as her daily driver, and as our road trip vehicle.

oh man that is my dream! Maybe I can tag along in my LC!

LFG!

This will be a shakedown run for us— goal is to have the kids take a year off of school in ~5 years or so and do the full pan-american highway.

The R1T is great— you can see a mini-write up here:
Rivian exploring is awesome. - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rivian-exploring-is-awesome.1319050/
I’ve put 30k miles on it in the last 16 months

I’ve never come across an obstacle that has stopped either vehicle. I guess that means I don’t go on hard enough trails 😅 but I’m interested in being able to get to beautiful places and enjoy nature rather than wheeling for the sake of wheeling.

We recently decided to sell the R1T because of the travel we like to do. R1T is great for the San Juans because of the number of charging options (Durango, Purgatory, Ouray, Lake City), but as I’ve been planning our annual trip to Big Bend and doing more exploring here in NM, charging has become a real limiting factor. And we want to do the Dempster Hwy next year, and that would be impossible in the R1T.

Plus, my wife wants an Airstream for when she joins me and the boys, so that would absolutely decimate range.

FWIW, though, I do love both Rivian the vehicle and the brand, and we’re going to buy an R1S next year for my wife as her daily driver, and as our road trip vehicle.
Right on, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. I kick myself for not having put a deposit on an R1T back in 2019 when I was eyeing them. I could have basically driven it for six months, sold it, and probably still made a profit. Oh, well. Enjoy NM - that is a truly beautiful state. I may end up retiring there one day.

I plan to put mine up on the shelf and forget about them :)

I need my third row seats (for now), but if I ever remove them I would wrap in plastic and stick them in the attic just in case I ever needed them again or wanted to sell with the vehicle. Can't imagine you could get much money out of them anyways.

I need my third row seats (for now), but if I ever remove them I would wrap in plastic and stick them in the attic just in case I ever needed them again or wanted to sell with the vehicle. Can't imagine you could get much money out of them anyways.
Yep, that's probably what I'll do. I just figured I'd check, since the third row is so rare in the heritage (only in '21, and only a relatively small percentage of '21s), I didn't know if there was a crazy market out there for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom