Speedometer won’t work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok All,

1996 FZJ-80, I have replaced 3 sensors, 2 speedometers, 2 ecu's and still no speedometer function. I haven't found any wiring damage. What to check next?

Check the circuit traces on the PCB in the speedometer:

Check the circuit traces on the PCB in the speedometer:

Found a NOS circuit board in Florida, ordered it tonight.

Check the speedo cable connection at the transfer case. Unscrew it and slowly pull it off. There should be a small squares off pin. It could have sheared off or become rounded. The part is still available.

8AF68BF3-0658-4B39-BD1D-DEA908B897E3.jpeg

Check the speedo cable connection at the transfer case. Unscrew it and slowly pull it off. There should be a small squares off pin. It could have sheared off or become rounded. The part is still available.

View attachment 2796670
I have replaced this sensor and pin, 2 times. I thought my first amazon purchase seemed cheap so I went and got a higher quality unit. Same result. Thank you for replying.

Test continuity on your wiring harness. Do you have a multimeter? I'd disconnect both ends, and make sure you can get continuity through the harness. Also, check the FSM. There's a troubleshooting procedure for this I'm sure.

The speed sensor signal passes through 3 connectors before it gets to the combination meter.
Ea1, EC1, and IH1.
This is all laid out for you in the Toyota EWD which you can download in the resources section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom