South Carolina mustard base BBQ sauce recipe needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Turned my girl onto to some bottled stuff I found at a fiery food festival...

Now I need to find something close to it....

BTW,,, she hated BBQ sauce until I had her try this....

cool thanks... I need a few more.... Do not remember my buddy using any ketchup in his.... He has passed along with his sauce recipe that was never shared in its entirety

Okay. I won't....
Next time you smoke meat....... For the last two hours wrap it (heavily and tight) in heavy duty tin foil so it steams,,,,, It will be the tenderest meat you have ever eaten... Add a bit of sauce and turn it every 30 min during that last two hour... UNFREAKING real

Here's my Southern Mustard BBQ Sauce Recipe. Tweak it as you like!

1 cup Yellow Mustard
1 cup Ketchup
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp each of cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, granulated garlic, and granulated onion powder

Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring regularly. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Let cool and enjoy.

here is my final creation......

S.C. bbq sauce

• 16 oz yellow mustard
  • 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
  • ½ cup apple cider vinegar
  • 4 teaspoon molasses
  • 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
  • 1 teaspoon red chili powder (I used hot hatch red chili) paprika is a good flavor as well for the not spicy crowd
  • 1 teaspoon garlic
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground pepper
I use a regular spoon and it was a heaping spoon…

Directions

Whisk it all together…. Keep it in fridge…. The longer it sits the better it tastes…

here is my final creation......

S.C. bbq sauce

• 16 oz yellow mustard
  • 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
  • ½ cup apple cider vinegar
  • 4 teaspoon molasses
  • 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
  • 1 teaspoon red chili powder (I used hot hatch red chili) paprika is a good flavor as well for the not spicy crowd
  • 1 teaspoon garlic
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground pepper
I use a regular spoon and it was a heaping spoon…

Directions

Whisk it all together…. Keep it in fridge…. The longer it sits the better it tastes…

After I had Sweatman’s in NC I was HOOKED! The closest I ever lived was about 5hrs away so I scoured the nets and back then (‘09) there weren’t very many options but cooks illustrated had an almost exact match and it was the only sauce which included drippings from the smoked pork(I’m 99% sure sweatmans does this). In any case it produced a Yellow mustard based sauce that was pretty damn amazing. Unfortunately it’s behind a pay wall so I don’t have access any longer. I’ll have to give your sauce a shot. Thanks for sharing!

After I had Sweatman’s in NC I was HOOKED! The closest I ever lived was about 5hrs away so I scoured the nets and back then (‘09) there weren’t very many options but cooks illustrated had an almost exact match and it was the only sauce which included drippings from the smoked pork(I’m 99% sure sweatmans does this). In any case it produced a Yellow mustard based sauce that was pretty damn amazing. Unfortunately it’s behind a pay wall so I don’t have access any longer. I’ll have to give your sauce a shot. Thanks for sharing!
You can always add some drippings.... Baste the meat in the sauce....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom