Sources for AHC Accumulator Globes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree. At a cost of $60, Toyota AHC fluid seems like cheap insurance against the cost of premature expense elsewhere.

If for some reason Mr T. was no longer available, Merc ABC suspensions use a Pentosin CHF11s fluid. I don't know what Citroen uses, but I would use either of those before ATF.

trying to be frugal saving 30 bucks by not using correct type may have now cost you 650 after market or 900 oem for all 4 gloves. Ouch! good lesson to always use the oem fluid or at the very least something that is the same type with proven results.
There was no before/after different in ride quality and I doubt the 500 miles in 2 months negativity effected the globes. I think they were possible shot before. Maybe. Is the difference in graduations really the only indication of bad globes? With a bumpy ride, will new globes fix this or just do LC springs and bars?

The conditions I just recently had in my ‘04 LX were 4-5 graduations, quicker and and a bit jerky raising and lowering vehicle and an obvious bouncy ride. No leaking shocks. I replaced the four globes and now the ride is grass fed buttery smooth.

The conditions I just recently had in my ‘04 LX were 4-5 graduations, quicker and and a bit jerky raising and lowering vehicle and an obvious bouncy ride. No leaking shocks. I replaced the four globes and now the ride is grass fed buttery smooth.
Sounds exactly like my symptoms. Grass fed is always better.

JDMParts on eBay took 1 week to arrive via DHL from Japan. I paid $470 for the rear pair.

@djkcpa - I modified a 36mm wrench to suit this job. PM me if you want to borrow it.

(Edit): Modified = reduced open ends to just under 8mm thick, and narrowed the jaws to clear hydraulic lines.
A fan clutch wrench would have cleared 'as is' but I was worried it would not deliver the torque needed.
36x8.jpg

Last edited:
Benefits of getting globes from Japan, you get to catch up on the current events.

46DAEDB4-125A-4338-946B-A515E3612EA0_1_105_c.jpeg

Are these Date Codes???? Pehaps.

A6266F73-2352-46E8-8EF2-C5A97F44E7A3_1_105_c.jpeg
0C804AB0-EBF9-4D2D-9912-CCE95967D433_1_105_c.jpeg

137F09E2-8911-4816-B8FD-E135BB1E4832.jpeg

JDMParts on eBay took 1 week to arrive via DHL from Japan. I paid $470 for the rear pair.

@djkcpa - I modified a 36mm wrench to suit this job. PM me if you want to borrow it.

(Edit): Modified = reduced open ends to just under 8mm thick, and narrowed the jaws to clear hydraulic lines.
A fan clutch wrench would have cleared 'as is' but I was worried it would not deliver the torque needed.
View attachment 2352802
Thanks for the offer.
I sweet-talked a local Toyota shop into installing them for me. They didn’t specify what tool they used to remove them but they told me that they snapped it off on the first one and had to find a new one to finish the job. They charged me $300 for labor and AHC fluid which was worth every penny to me in this weather.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I found a pair on Amazon from one of the JDM eBay sellers but they’re “Fulfilled by Amazon” which should mean they’re in a warehouse in the US already. Delivery is promised by Tuesday 6/23, I’ll keep you posted on the results.
Update:
I ordered these on the evening of Thursday 6/18. Arrival was promised by Tuesday 6/23. They didn’t ship until Monday 6/22 but did arrive the next day as promised. There was a business card stuck in the box from jp-carparts.com. New OE parts in OE packaging. Had them installed and picked up my 2004 LX yesterday and it’s smooth as ever. Happy with how it went.

cruiserparts.net also let me know this week that they have them back in stock now.

Thanks for the offer.
I sweet-talked a local Toyota shop into installing them for me. They didn’t specify what tool they used to remove them but they told me that they snapped it off on the first one and had to find a new one to finish the job. They charged me $300 for labor and AHC fluid which was worth every penny to me in this weather.
Just installed mine today.

You had to sweet talk them in taking $300? Quite easy :banana:but if you don't like to get greasy then it's not a job you'd like. It also didn't take as many liters of fluid as some estimated, now I have two bottles left over, which ain't that cheap.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I found a pair on Amazon from one of the JDM eBay sellers but they’re “Fulfilled by Amazon” which should mean they’re in a warehouse in the US already. Delivery is promised by Tuesday 6/23, I’ll keep you posted on the results.
Do you have an Amazon link or ASIN number of the item you purchased?

06 LX 140k. Comfort setting uncontrollably bouncy. Sport setting unbearably firm. Did the grad test AHC fluid reservoir only showed 4 grads from lo to hi.

Replaced all four accumulator globes this past weekend with new spheres from Pleiades UK. Wow huge improvement in comfort. Went from bone jarring to coasting on clouds. Very pleased.

Had to call their shop in UK to place the order and everything went smoothly. Great service and easy to work with. Delivered to my door in less than a week.

10 month update. Installed the Pleiades globes and flushed the system with fresh Toyota AHC suspension fluid. For about 9 months the suspension felt wonderful, offering incredible comfort. However in the past month the suspension started stiffening up again. Not yet quite as bad as it was with the OEM globes but the roughness and excessive vibration has become difficult to ignore. Globe pressures at each corner measured via Techstream are slightly on the higher end but still within FSM spec. Fluid level is normal and height adjusts from L to N to H without issue. I've already tried bleeding the system with no improvement. All four shocks were also replaced with OEM 2 years ago. Has anyone else come across this issue? Any ideas?

Globe pressures at each corner measured via Techstream
Specifically, how did you measure what pressures? Fluid pressures in the globes or gas pressures in the sealed air bladders?

Hi, I came across a video of a guy rebuilding an accumulator

Has anyone tried this using a reputable shop?

Based on cross sections of the AHC accumulators and the size of the opening, even if you could safely depressurize it, they don’t seem to be serviceable from a diaphragm-replacement standpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom