Sources for AHC Accumulator Globes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You are really tough guys :)

There is a big german forum dedicated to LandCruisers, and about the 8 or 9 years I was active member there, I never read from anybody that have changed the acumulators. But from a lot of people saying that this suspension system and the AHC is "crap", and will be the probably the first reason for leaving them stranded in any remote desert in case of failure. Their solution: Take it out, replace it with don´t know what type of super-duper-heavy-duty-ultimate-desert-traveler-suspension systems. For what? More reliability? The funny element: Most of the people claiming about the not-reliable AHC never had one in their car. It´s a type of urban legend. :)

For the same 'reasons' GX folks (as Lincoln Town Car ones) rationalise extraction of air springs and replacing them with 'conversion' kits. Keeping air springs on GX is simply cheaper IMO. On top of that, all the levelling you get when you tow your Airstream...

For the same 'reasons' GX folks (as Lincoln Town Car ones) rationalise extraction of air springs and replacing them with 'conversion' kits. Keeping air springs on GX is simply cheaper IMO. On top of that, all the levelling you get when you tow your Airstream...

I had a co-worker with a Sequoia with air springs. Try as I might, I couldn't convince him to keep it. I think he just had one leaking bag.

Few photos..everybody loves photos..

g (1).jpg

g (2).jpg

g (3).jpg

Reactions: BEG
I dont fill them, but i decided to use slightly higher pressure
Original - Citroen bar
Front 26-31 bar
Rear 22-25 bar

Reactions: BEG

I had a co-worker with a Sequoia with air springs. Try as I might, I couldn't convince him to keep it. I think he just had one leaking bag.

I had the Toyota/Lexus "air suspension" in both a 2003 Lexus GX470, and a 2004 Toyota 4Runner. The system worked just fine, until it didn't, and riding around on the rear bump stops sucks. I made the mistake, on the first one, of letting the dealer fix it. It took 3 trips, and nearly the cost of the top ICON suspension package for a GX/T4R for the dealer to go through their troubleshooting flow chart. On the 2nd one I just swapped the bags myself, and swore that if that didn't fix it, I was placing my order with ICON. Fortunately replacing just the air bags fixed the 2nd one. I can somewhat understand replacing that system, instead of repairing, if you're not doing the work yourself.

I had the Toyota/Lexus "air suspension" in both a 2003 Lexus GX470, and a 2004 Toyota 4Runner. The system worked just fine, until it didn't, and riding around on the rear bump stops sucks. I made the mistake, on the first one, of letting the dealer fix it. It took 3 trips, and nearly the cost of the top ICON suspension package for a GX/T4R for the dealer to go through their troubleshooting flow chart. On the 2nd one I just swapped the bags myself, and swore that if that didn't fix it, I was placing my order with ICON. Fortunately replacing just the air bags fixed the 2nd one. I can somewhat understand replacing that system, instead of repairing, if you're not doing the work yourself.

My buddy is currently riding around on his bump stops in his GX460, waiting for the Dobinsons kit to arrrive...

I dont fill them, but i decided to use slightly higher pressure
Original - Citroen bar
Front 26-31 bar
Rear 22-25 bar
Ok, thanks. Very close to the original pressures. I think to remember that I fill the front spheres with 22,5bar and the rear ones with 26,5bar.

Gotta bleed it after you switch the accumulator spheres. Not a bad job. Easier with a helper. Make sure to keep plenty of AHC fluid in the tank.

Just a quick question. Is it possible to ship the accumulators by air or sea. I saw on the Amayana website that you can buy them for $173 usd per piece if it is sourced from Japan. However there is note on the site says nitrogen is explosive and would be impossible/difficult to ship out. I have emailed them to ask if they can ship it but they have not replied. Has anyone tried sourcing these from abroad and shipping them by air?

Just a quick question. Is it possible to ship the accumulators by air or sea. I saw on the Amayana website that you can buy them for $173 usd per piece if it is sourced from Japan. However there is note on the site says nitrogen is explosive and would be impossible/difficult to ship out. I have emailed them to ask if they can ship it but they have not replied. Has anyone tried sourcing these from abroad and shipping them by air?
I bought my globes from Japan (bought them from the bay) about 2 years ago. Got them in a few days (to the US) , so i'm going to assume they went via air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom