SOR exhuasts for 1964 FST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello

Just ordered most of the bits from SOR for my 64 FJ40 FST.
almost everythign except the bits they did not have like the connector piece of the muffler )

046A.gif

Seems pretty straight forward, but that seems to be the pitfall of most things :)
Any tips or stories of caution?

Anyone install the SOR systems ?

Without looking at their site, I'd venture that's just an exhaust clamp, source one local.

The last exhaust pipe I got was too long to go over the skid plate and too short to go under. I want it over the skidplate, so I just cut an inch out of the vertical section and welded it back together. :meh:

The 'A' clamp in your pic is a hanger clamp. Any generic connector clamp will also work as a hanger clamp. You should not have any problems sourcing a generic one.

Like cruisernerd said, the real trick is getting the pipe to work with the skidplate.

Best

Mark A.

Without looking at their site, I'd venture that's just an exhaust clamp, source one local.

The last exhaust pipe I got was too long to go over the skid plate and too short to go under. I want it over the skidplate, so I just cut an inch out of the vertical section and welded it back together. :meh:

Was your exhaust the SOR exhaust?
It is suppose to fit from 58-68 fj40's

Hope it fits

exhaust link to parts

Last edited:
Was your exhaust the SOR exhaust?
It is suppose to fit from 58-68 fj40's

Hope it fits

Yes. The previous one fit like a glove, don't know if it was just that one or some change. Really is no big deal compared to a return. Test fit, if it's too low measure and have it shortened (10 minutes for anyone with a welder).

I always get a kick out of that 58- whatever FJ40 description........ :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom