Someone had some spare time on their hands -- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You are bidding on a 96 Toyota Land Cruiser custom build up including 350HP turbo kit on OEM inline 6 cyl dual overhead cam intercooled available as an option in Austrailia, Toyota OEM 5 speed manual transmission from Austrailia, Truck is amazingly fast, faster than most cars and most trucks including HEMI DODGE. Adjustable air lift 0-10" on the fly with airbags 4 corners no springs, suspension built with heims and custom arms for maximum flex off road and comfort on road drives very tight and stright unlike many lifted trucks, wrap around bumpers front rear and sides w/ step...

... this guy could write a book!!

I especially like this --

Truck has a S title for an underhood fire with previous owner- the Toyota dealer serviced it and and kinked a gas line..

Here's all of it --

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6443&item=2437369290

LinkPhoto

This ain't Alan's is it?

Never mind, it's Alan's.

Yup,

Alan Podvin's.

he was trying to pawn that thing on ebay about 2 years ago or so too I think. could be wrong, but looks like the same :-X :flipoff2:

Looks nice! Not to be skeptical, but I hope his reserve isn't anywhere near his buy it now. It sure is a sweet truck though, that's for sure, and I'm sure he's got every bit if not more than the "buy it now" price in it. :-\

So who is this Alan Podvin? Based in CO I gather. Does he post on this board? Intriguing to see that so many people know him by name. Reason I ask is the vehicle I just aquired has had his hands up in it and I'm wondering what kind of work he specializes in and what I'm sitting on. Reason I ask is that I bought it from a dealer that got it from the owner and wasn't able to get the run down. There is still so much that I don't know about the vehicle and can only figure out by reverse engineering and hope to put it all back together right. Any help, information, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

[quote author=Safado link=board=2;threadid=6249;start=msg50324#msg50324 date=1066071826]
So who is this Alan Podvin? Based in CO I gather. Does he post on this board? Intriguing to see that so many people know him by name. Reason I ask is the vehicle I just aquired has had his hands up in it and I'm wondering what kind of work he specializes in and what I'm sitting on. Reason I ask is that I bought it from a dealer that got it from the owner and wasn't able to get the run down. There is still so much that I don't know about the vehicle and can only figure out by reverse engineering and hope to put it all back together right. Any help, information, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
[/quote]

does your have those bling-bling wheels?? :-* :-* :-*

If you check the 80s-cool list, he's likely on there, or you can google his name to get his email addy --

eric

AFAIK he's not really actiive on any of the boards. He used to post on the 80's cool list but I'm not sure anymore. He used to have a bitchin white LT180. So by the looks of it he is more interested in building then selling. ???

[quote author=erics_bruiser link=board=2;threadid=6249;start=msg50332#msg50332 date=1066072472]
does your have those bling-bling wheels?? :-* :-* :-*

If you check the 80s-cool list, he's likely on there, or you can google his name to get his email addy --

eric
[/quote]

No bling bling here...infact, the previous owner more than likely took off come nice rims and sold it with some 17 inch rusty ones spray painted silver.... :doh:

Alan sold the white V8 powered vehicle and then built this one.

here's another of his creations --

-- if that's yours, ummmmm... you can keep it... :'( :'( :'(

LinkPhoto

I wish...so you can keep your stuff. :D

Nope none of those are mine, it wasn't owned by Alan from what I gather, just modified. The guy that owned mine was ALAN CLARK JONES....anyone know him. I'd LOVE to talk to him.

So does Alan Podvin run a shop in CO? Name? Podvin did the sliders, supercharger, and suspension on mine as I understand it. It's got some funky super air flow converter on it that I've been trying to figure out. The O2 sensors are going off, but I don't even know if they're used in this setup. Anyway, if either of you Alan's are out there, PLEASE contact me. Thanks.

Ahh - I saw that truck on ebay a while back when I was looking for my FZJ80, I was wondering what the deal was. Hope you get it sorted out - the bashed up ARB scared me off, bought a nice stocker some soccer mom traded on a Lexus.

Ok here's a little more light on the subject...
(Taken off of my clubs list from Jeff Jones)

Well I don't know much, but... he just bought a '04 4Runner w/V8 and
supercharger for a daily driver (pretty amazing little truck). He is trying
to take his construction company up a notch in terms of equipment and such
and decided that he could easily build another 80 any time he wants. I
think he's just looking to liquidate an asset or two that he doesn't need.
Don't know what his 80 plans are for the immediate future (other than his
wife's), but he bought a couple of wrecked commercial trucks (one for the
motor and the other for the chassis) and he is combining the pieces for one
good over-the-road diesel truck capable of towing all the crap he has to
move... Like backhoes, tons of lumber, etc... I think those may be his
"truck projects".

As for the truck, I've ridden in it numerous times and the sucker is FAST;
I'll give it that. I've never watched this truck work off-road but I would
imagine it would perform quite well. He built the turbo himself, installed
an electronic control system and, with the help of someone in Denver (Ben
Swain perhaps?) has tuned the controller and fuel system up to suit it. The
tranny is truly an Aussie imported 5 speed and installed complete with
Toyota factory console that came with manual trannies. The lockers in the
axles are ARBs.

The only question I would be sure to ask is the status of the check engine
light. Early on, various driving conditions with the turbo would cause the
ECU to throw a code even though nothing was wrong. You can adjust the turbo
on the fly and tinkering with it can cause some sensor readings to fall out
of normal ECU range. It seems like he got the whole system set up inside of
the factory sensor parameters now and that's not an issue any more... I just
don't remember. Being in Dallas (or any emissions county), it's worth
asking about. I was in it the most when he was "playing" with the turbo so
I'm not certain what "normal" is... :))

All in all I think it will make someone a great truck but probably needs to
be someone who likes to tinker and fuss with stuff. These kind of
owner-mods can be a nightmare for someone who expects to put a key in it and
just drive it mindlessly day in and day out. Not a thing wrong with the
mods, just the nature of the beast. If you didn't build it, then you have
to learn it and absorb it in order to maintain it. Toyota dealership isn't
going to be of much help...
:))

JJJ

[quote author=erics_bruiser link=board=2;threadid=6249;start=msg50850#msg50850 date=1066162585]

you ARE the man, snatching that as your avatar, Nick!!
[/quote]

Tanks,
I thought it would be kewel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom