Somebody Just Hit Me! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 80 is parked at my fire station and I was laying under it looking at all the connections I'll need to loosen to install my new springs and shocks. When I got out from underneath, I noticed: SOMEONE HIT ME!! Hard enough to pretty much wreck the factory fender flare on the Rear Passenger side, also a pretty good size dent in the rear quarter panel due to the pressure on the flare. My question is this: I'm finally converting this from by wife's DD to my toy, and was wondering if anyone out there has just taken all the flares off, what's involved, and how it looks.

By the way, this board is great, it's been very educational. I was going to sell the 80 and buy a 40, but now am confident the 80 will be all the beach cruiser I need. Thanks for everybodys feedback in advance.

It's been discussed once or twice.
Do a quick search:
Key Word(s): flare, removal ;
Forum: 80-Series Tech and child forums

Sorry to hear about the damage -- that sucks!

Welcome aboard :flipoff2:

Flare removal is not too difficult but it DOES identify you as someone who has difficulty navigating and therefore found it necessary to remove the dangling bits of evidence..........Right Doug?...:D

cruiserdan said:
Flare removal is not too difficult but it DOES identify you as someone who has difficulty navigating and therefore found it necessary to remove the dangling bits of evidence..........Right Doug?...:D
No comment :flipoff2:

Oh...forgot to mention, but not too late for the invite -- a bunch of us NorCal guys are planning on an 80 Rubicon run again this fall. Come along with us Dan :D

DigitalMRB said:
My 80 is parked at my fire station and... I noticed: SOMEONE HIT ME!!
When anything goes wrong, blame the Probie! Welcome to the board:flipoff2:

Probies

hoser said:
When anything goes wrong, blame the Probie! :
It's entirely possible that it was our newest member. Although no longer a probie, if he hit me with that bling bling Z71 he drives I'm gonna spank him. It's the right thing for me to do, as his officer, No? :)

LX_TREME said:
just gonna be as beach cruiser?:
Only real wheeling on the TX coastal plain is the beaches, I live 15 miles from Padre Island National Seashore, 60+ miles of undeveloped beach, and the only real test to the 80 that's close at hand. Think Baja, not Moab.

ahhh the memories....4 washes later and it's still dirty.

LOL LX_TREME you and your endless pics of 80's .... great!

Scratching, I think, is what u ment....:D

Not that often really. About once every 15 seconds or so....:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom