Weekend Service Project....did I mention IH8MUD? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Went out this weekend with the club on one of our annual service projects. We were to help the local Forest Service by clearing a local trail of fallen trees, boulders, overgrown brush, etc. I won't go into the details of the trip, it's always fun to be out on the trail. But we got rained on a bunch, and thus the fun began.

So now the 80s content...

I removed my flares awhile ago because all but half of one were badly damaged, or missing and I like the look. My custom rims however act like a 2.5 inch spacer and the wheels stick out past the body line. This setup looks great, but there is a reason the engineers in Japan put fender flares on their in the first place...this I found out the hard way.

The dirt has a lot of clay in it and the BFG ATs didn't want to let it go. With all 4 tires digging to try and keep on the road and moving forward, the falling mud was relentless. This one's going to take a while to clean up.
DSC05224.JPG
DSC05226.JPG

Wow, that's my nomination for the muddiest rig I've ever seen, not counting the local wannabee's that go to the mudhole with a shovel and purposely cover their truck so they can drive through town. You should do the sprinkler trick for a long time underneath to keep that stuff wet and running gently off the truck - don't let it harden as that's what is murder on seals and weather bushings.

Thanks for your volunteer efforts, BTW.

DougM

Ok, so what happens if some of that mud was gettin' thrown up into the snorkel? Not trying to be a party pooper; just curious. Do them thar things have their own filters/baffles?

Sweet lookin' rig, even with the new color scheme.

Curtis

Safado,

WOW, good thing it wasn't muddy when you took me out last year!

Looks pretty good though!
It's great that you guys do a service project like that.

Have fun detailing your rig!!

Mot

:eek:

IdahoDoug said:
You should do the sprinkler trick for a long time underneath to keep that stuff wet and running gently off the truck - don't let it harden as that's what is murder on seals and weather bushings.

Thanks for your volunteer efforts, BTW.

DougM

Doug, you beat me to it. Just about to suggest it. Works great.

Break out the sprinkler and pressure washer baby. :idea:

Thats gonna take a couple hours. :eek:

As per a recent thread...check the fins of your radiator....

IH8MUD and....as well as IDH82BU

:D good luck!

Now Im glad I was schleping food at the Farmers Market on Sat. Sounds like there may be more to be done?!? Great pic's!
Side note, I got out the pressure sprayer last Sat. and cleaned out all sorts of stuff from the Jan. run... The lawn look's like a mud hole in spots.
Have fun

You deserve a ticket for obstructed view at least on the ds window - haven't looked at the rest of the pics.

Now take your truck for the chearleader car wash they have to raise money :D

some more mud

Luckily for me I was leading the group Spencer was in and the road was fairly smooth for me. I was lucky to escape with about a third of the mud he did. However 3 trips to the car wash and I'm still not clean. Just a few more pics.

dmc
IMG_0072 (Medium).jpg
IMG_0082 (Medium).jpg
IMG_0083 (Medium).jpg

Hahaha... I am glad I was in the Northern group... we didn't encounter much mud at all, snow, but not mud. Even when the rain came down, the road was still pretty decent. Sully and I were soaked as is, mud would have been the killer. :D

Nice work....

That is muddy.

Where can somebody get a "Wasatch Cruiser Jeep Recovery Unit" stickers? That is priceless.

So I just spent about $1) at the local pay n wash, to get it to the point where I could do the rest on my lawn. Then spent the next 3 hours or so getting filthy dirty finding clay deposits in every nook and cranny you can think of. And now I think I'm finally to the point where I can wash it....What a nightmere!!! The sprinkler trick didn't even make a dent in it. I'm just glad Utah is out of the drought this year, I may have just put us back into it. :doh:

I know this thing is going to be revealing muddy presents still for many moons to come.

rgsiii said:
That is muddy.

Where can somebody get a "Wasatch Cruiser Jeep Recovery Unit" stickers? That is priceless.

For all Wasatch Cruiser items contact FZJFILMORE on this board.

mud is bad... but it seems to like your Cruiser quite a bit.. Rig looked like it performed with distinction on them trails..

Can somone host a video? I have a 4mb video of the huge rock we pushed off the trail using a couple FJ40's :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom