Some thing I Learned about my tranfer case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ProvoCruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
I was in moab last weekend and found something new about my transer case. here was the situation...
I was climbing up some slickrock and was supposed to be in 4L...halfway up the small hill of rock, i noticed my front tires were not spinning. i backed down and noticed that my t/c shifter looked odd. i put it all the way back in 2H, shifted it straight down to 4h, to the right for Neutral, then to the right again for 4L. when it was in four low, it shifted forward and the vehicle still drove, it was geared low but the front tires were not spinning as if they were not in 4wd. has anyone had this problem or know what is happening? a guy that was in my group said it would be pretty cool if i had an option for 2L, but i'd never really heard of that before.
Comments?

there is some sort of cage that keeps you from shifting into 2lo. only lets you shift to low if your in 4wd. most people just remove this and it allows the option of 2lo.

there is some sort of cage that keeps you from shifting into 2lo. only lets you shift to low if your in 4wd. most people just remove this and it allows the option of 2lo.

Why would there be something preventing it from having the option for 2L?

thanks for the info guys, i just found out something cool about my cruiser, its just odd to me why when it was built there would be something preventing it from going to 2L and the shifter knob decal doesnt show it, nor does the thing on the dash

thanks for the info guys, i just found out something cool about my cruiser, its just odd to me why when it was built there would be something preventing it from going to 2L and the shifter knob decal doesnt show it, nor does the thing on the dash

'Cause in 2L it's a lot easier to break something if you've got a heavy foot.

thanks for the replies, the more i find out about my cruiser, the more it kicks a**!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom