SAS Solid Axle Summit #5 Official Thread (2 Viewers)

Color Choices for SAS #5 Shirt and Trail Flags

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gabe was talking to me and Zac about it during the 14er hike. We told him that if he didn't want it, that we would take it. Awesome score and even better for Dylan.

Thousand dollar 60. Awesome find!
We have been looking at this one for a few years now, he started with $1500 including FULL ON RAT NEST, literally filled the engine bay. We patiently waited till he removed most of the rat nest and waited for the heat to back off then we offered again and pounced, he probably would have take $800!

Gabe was talking to me and Zac about it during the 14er hike. We told him that if he didn't want it, that we would take it. Awesome score and even better for Dylan.
Everyone we told about this said the same! Lol, that was enough for us to just do it!

Everyone we told about this said the same! Lol, that was enough for us to just do it!
Yep…Gabe talked to me about it in early May. Certain I was not the first in line, but definable ahead of you Jarrod :). I told Gabe (and their whole family) that they HAD to make this happen. Great work on their part and so glad to see Dillan going down this path. Spent two days with him and Catherine on the trail and I could see his love for the 60 series. Y’all let me know if I can be of any help as you get this awesome rig going.

Yep…Gabe talked to me about it in early May. Certain I was not the first in line, but definable ahead of you Jarrod :). I told Gabe (and their whole family) that they HAD to make this happen. Great work on their part and so glad to see Dillan going down this path. Spent two days with him and Catherine on the trail and I could see his love for the 60 series. Y’all let me know if I can be of any help as you get this awesome rig going.
Thanks Jimmy! We plan to chat at some point about Murdoc with you.
Excited to see if it can make SAS6!

One of many highlights to SAS5 was spending lunch up in Red Mountain Mining with the Mesa family. When we stopped for lunch by that small pond, I spent a good 45 minutes eating and talking with Dylan and Caleb. Such mature young men. We had wide ranging conversations about music, the outdoors, high school, college, public speaking, and careers. In fact, every MUD-kid I met was completely solid. Dylan, Caleb, Liam, Keaton, Elijah, Matt, the whole group. Just great kids and I enjoyed every conversation, their passion about life, and discussions re: these vehicles we love. Watching Elijah crawl under Rob's 45 to get the rear leaf spring back on the axel after our run through Corkscrew/Hurricane/Cali Gulch with Liam and Keaton giving words of encouragement... pretty damn cool. [Elijah trying to ratchet the shackle tight after the re-positioning] "How tight Mr. Tygart?" "MAN tight Elijah, man tight!"

Every parent there should be proud. The future of this group is in young, capable and passionate hands. They will take this somewhere that MUD never envisioned. And not in a summit-imogene-in-a-convertible way or drive-through-Placerville-with-a-pillow in your engine block way. These kids are much more intelligent and responsible than we could ever hope to be.

Well said Tim. I have had the pleasure of meeting so many good people through SAS since the beginning. SAS is exactly what we hoped it would be and then some. I leave every year like a kid leaving summer camp. A little sad but excited with the fact I will keep in touch with you guys forever. Life long friends and a community that really gets what life is about. Slowing down and soaking in eachothers experiences of life.
The kids are following right along and that is very cool. Someday they will be the ones organizing this and or cooler gatherings.
Cheers to the people that make SAS the extended family I can't wait to see again. 🍻

One of the amazing things that the Cruiser Gods lined up to get the groovy 60 home was the fact that it had no keys for the ign. switch/steering lock, so to tow it we would need a tow dolly... well I decided to try my 83' fj40 key and it fit but did not turn until I pulled the key out a bit then, click unlocked steering! It must have been the Soulcraft FJ60 All Mountain Ale sticker I slapped on the window? I was so excited that I didn't dare take it out till we flat towed it 4 miles slowly home. The next day after it was parked in a good spot for working on I took the key out to try the door locks and none of them fit, and the ign. switch won't turn anymore, I tried wiggling it for 5 minutes with no luck, go figure?

Sorry 8x guys or gals.. This is a one off .. Anyone who caught a glimpse of my bumpers at the group picture saw what the NWTIs looked like after a winning battle against an elk and storm culvert . Then SAS5 hahaha. I talked the Wizard into making me a new frt bumper .. Here is the beginning of it. No more broken bumpers here!! Now it will be bent frames hahaha.. Here is the inner frame work.. Should have it cut and burnt in tomorrow night @DangerNoodle..

240710753_10220158642699451_4824181349987212598_n.jpg

240749720_10220158643579473_6475018681191642377_n.jpg

240710753_10220158643219464_5792912931282432848_n.jpg

240743581_10220158645099511_8523774127811993084_n.jpg

So I am very tardy in posting but hats off to Jimmy, Casey, and the whole SAS Team!!! This was my first time attending SAS, or for that matter any large multi-day landcruiser event and it was truly amazing. Great people and what amazing county! We had to leave early so missed the last two days but won't make that same mistake again.

Here are some photos and also a link to a Bubbli that I took at the top of Corkscrew:

bubble - https://on.bubb.li/419338aih81qbfp9zd6f9zc/

IMG_6654.JPEG

IMG_6663.JPEG

IMG_6681.JPEG

IMG_6725.JPEG

IMG_6740.JPEG

Already getting excited for next year and figuring out a way to ditch the RTT for trails!

Cheers!!

Those are awesome!!! Still bummed I had to leave early and miss the last two days. I have my campsite reserved for next year!!!

Great shots! Ours is already in the getting-printed queue

@SteveV Thanks for the picture!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom