SAS Solid Axle Summit #5 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

Color Choices for SAS #5 Shirt and Trail Flags

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Left yesterday am, drove over to the Gunnison and landed a couple nice trout. Currently in Illinois somewhere. Linking a hastily/sloppily put togtrhert video of the shots I took. My 60 seems to be running quite smooth even though it is missing the pillow in the engine compartment....

Awesome video I still can't believe I got to wheel with Tom Hanks.

Wow I can't believe what a wonderful time my wife and I had with all the good folks at SAS5.
A week of wheeling some of the most beautiful country and trails. We hit the the trails all 5 days.
Big thanks to all the trail leaders and people that make the event happen.

1628519500441.png

First Day on the trail. Chris & Alyssa on the right, my wife Patricia on the left. Nice to finally meet you Chris @thatcabledude
1628519911707.png

1628520066635.png

1628520275176.png
1628520334510.png

1628520600118.png

Ron and family @Road Apple
1628520669904.png

1628520701376.png

Zack leading us out of Telluride.
1628520791216.png

Top of the Pass, Special thanks to Zach and Jessica for really making my wife and I feel like we were part of the group :)
1628520846260.png

Last edited:
A few more
1628522423498.png

1628522457640.png

1628522483624.png

1628522558322.png

1628522593862.png

I can't express how nice it was to meet all the good people of SAS, It was a super FUN week.
Thanks again to all the Folks that make it happen!!!
It was also nice to meet up with people form MUD that I have known for years and meet them in person !!

Last edited:
I hope everyone is making there way home safely. Or is home safe.
We made the trip home in 2 days instead 3, we got into some bad smoke from the western fires with unhealthful air quality.
When We got to Cedar City it was bad, We had planned to do some more hiking there. But ended up getting up early hitting the road by 5am to get out of the smoke.
The air Quality index was at 186 and considered unhealthy. We be lined to Morro bay and got home at 4:30 pm
Sassy in the back seat ( are we home YET !!!!!)
1628524003150.png

Some of the smoke.
1628524064150.png

Pulling into Morro Bay AQI 38, 65 degrees and Fog.
1628524190269.png

Safe travels everyone, See-Ya next year !!!!!!!!!!!

A few more
View attachment 2754290
View attachment 2754292
View attachment 2754299
View attachment 2754300
View attachment 2754301
I can't express how nice it was to meet all the good people of SAS, It was a super FUN week.
Thanks again to all the Folks that make it happen!!!
It was also nice to meet up with people form MUD that I have known for years and meet them in person !!
Thanks for including my “wheels up” pic on Poughkeepsie and Cavazos getting his 200 winched! 😂

We are home safe. No issues, other than one trailer tire that started to lose its tread (caught during routine inspection while stopped).

20210809_103534.jpg
20210809_145950.jpg
20210809_150152.jpg

When we got home I had to crack open one of the brews I snagged at Soulcraft on the way out.

Man, it is rough going back to breathing soup and sweating your ass off.... Ogden asked during the trip "why don't we just move our house to Colorado?" 😅...but also 😥.

Will get some more photos up later once things slow down.

Great time and can't wait to go back!!

Walked out of the plant into some post-storm humidity. Im looking for my floaties...and land in the rockies.

I would love to see
Can't say enough about how much fun I had at SAS5. Was our first time and we will be back. After getting back to Denver and having the worst air in the WORLD yesterday I am ready to move to Ouray. Here are a couple from the drone. Glad to meet everyone and escape the day to day.View attachment 2754847View attachment 2754850View attachment 2754851
awesome!! Would LOVE to see more when you can share! The group pic is the best! 50 rigs! Yea!

Left yesterday am, drove over to the Gunnison and landed a couple nice trout. Currently in Illinois somewhere. Linking a hastily/sloppily put togtrhert video of the shots I took. My 60 seems to be running quite smooth even though it is missing the pillow in the engine compartment....

Wow! Nicely done. You’ve got skills! Look forward to having you back. There were some great new folks at SAS5.

So my 60 got put on the repair line at the shop. A laundry list of things to fix after SAS. Clutch line, power steering leak, lost 2 studs and 1 broke off to my rear axle flange, and my intercooler rubber hose (trail fixed) went BYYYYYYOOOOOOWWW. But I am not 60 less. I got a customers 60 to drive around in. She wants me to drive to figure out why it is randomly dying. So here is hoping it dies!

20210809_192731.jpg

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone in attendance for another great event, and a huge THANK YOU to our sponsors, both attending and non-attending! Five years ago we never thought this event would become what it is today, and you all help make it possible. It's always great to see our friends and family from all over the country, enjoying these rigs and taking part in a thriving Cruiser community. It was especially nice to see so many new faces this year. I didn't get to meet all of you, I'm sure, but it was great to see you there nonetheless. It's truly an honor to be a part of keeping the community alive and growing, and it is heartening to see the next generation coming in to take part. Good on you for bringing your kids!

Thank you all again for another fantastic SAS. Planning for SAS6 will soon be underway, and we can't wait to see you all again next year.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Last edited:
This wasn't someone from the event was it:

Tragic.

Holy Crap... Geez, I hope not. Tragic indeed.

This wasn't someone from the event was it:

Tragic.
I have smashed a few cruzers in my day but CRAP!!! Take notice of the Delta radius arm wrapped over pas finder and the shock stuck in the dash... that looks like it used to be a proper built 80. Cant believe they lived. Testimony to how strong the 80 truly is.

Yikes. That's terrible.

I have smashed a few cruzers in my day but CRAP!!! Take notice of the Delta radius arm wrapped over pas finder and the shock stuck in the dash... that looks like it used to be a proper built 80. Cant believe they lived. Testimony to how strong the 80 truly is.

Looks like there was a rack removed by the impact also. 😮

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom