For Sale SOLD Montana / 1991 FJ80 / $6000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

66676DD0-E972-4864-8EB2-029FC4138811.jpeg
87B75472-7DBB-42F0-A37E-E0C4B54A46CA.jpeg

I’m considering selling my beloved FJ80 and would like a little feedback. I will post more updated pictures after work. It has about 250k on the clock. The engine was recently tuned up by Rising Sun in Bozeman. At the same time the front axel was rebuilt with new Toyota birfs. The front bumper it Cruisin Off Road and it now has a Prinsu designs roof rack. I also have a pile of spare parts including a full float rear axel with disk brakes ( not installed).

Issues: Front heat could be better. It doesn't lose coolant so I suspect it's just leaves and such blocking the heater core. No A/C as far as I know everything works it just isn't charged. I have a new pressure switch and dryer for it just haven't gotten around to converting it to R134. Transfer case leaks a little, but not enough to concern me. Driver seat is pretty rough which is why it has the seat covers. Dash has 2 small cracks.

Let me know if you think I’m fair / crazy / or in the ball park.

Cheers, Scot

Last edited:
Also, I know Montana is in the middle of nowhere so if you buy it I would consider driving it to you.
Cheers,
Scot

7A4D0F8B-C2C2-4673-8E2D-AF52609D37B7.jpeg

Here’s a more recent photo with the new rack

Looks like a nice rig, can you post some pictures of the engine, underbody, interior, birfs/axle area, etc? Seems like a reasonable price if you have service records too!

PS I’m in Minnesota and potentially interested if all looks clean & in order!

E

Here are some photos of the interior. I also have weather tech mats for the first and second row. I do not have the rear seats.
IMG_1672.jpg
IMG_1673.jpg
IMG_1675.jpg
IMG_1677.jpg
IMG_1679.jpg

More interior photos
IMG_1681.jpg
IMG_1683.jpg
IMG_1684.jpg
IMG_1686.jpg
IMG_1687.jpg

... and some more

IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

Some under carriage pictures

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

some engine pictures
IMG_1659.jpg
IMG_1661.jpg

Lastly some pictures of the less than perfect exterior:(
IMG_1688.jpg
IMG_1689.jpg
IMG_1690.jpg
IMG_1692.jpg
IMG_1699.jpg

I'll sum up my thoughts here:

The good:
Service records back to when it was new
I've only used OEM parts
Cruising Off Road front bumper (no longer available and the best looking/ fitting 80 series bumper IMO)
Prinsu roof rack set up to carry 3 bikes
Bullet proof 3FE that was just tuned up (runs 70 mph without issue, 80 mph not so much)
Lots of spare parts
De smogged

The bad:
The herculiner is beginning to thin and fade. If I keep it I will be reapplying it.
There are some pin spots of rust and some dents in the upper part of the rear hatch
Transfer case leaks a little
No A/C
De smogged (bad is you live in a state with inspections
The driver seat foam is in pretty sad shape and the vinyl is cracked (it's why I have seat covers on the front

The Ugly:
I honestly can't think of anything I would classify as ugly. My wife and I love this truck and it has never let us down. The only reason I'm thinking about selling is we rarely use it and it seems silly to keep paying insurance for a spare vehicle.

Cheers,
Scot

I’m going to post this locally for $6500. $6000 is my mud price:beer:

Thanks:clap: Here's a photo of this beauty in it's natural habitat!
IMG_0674.jpg

Sold to a great fellow mudder from the north.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom