SOA Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can you use front fj 40 springs for the rear on a spring over conversion? Looking at them side by side on the bench they have 1 more longer leaf and a couple of shorter ones than the rear. Looks like tyhey are the same length. Some say to install a long add a leaf to used stock springs. I wondered if anyone has tried this or would this be too stiff.

I'm not certain, but I think they would be toooo stiff. the fronts were designed to support the weight of the engine. the rear of your rig probably isn't carrying that much around

What is your reason for wanting to? If you are looking for a little stiffer maybe you could install one of the leafs from the front into the rear. I believe it is safe to say that they are probably all pretty much flat so you PROBABLY wont get much lift out of it 1/2-1 inch (guessing) maybe but it would indeed be stiffer.

Interesting comments. FJ40 front (stock) springs always seem to be flatter and softer than rear (stock) springs. Maybe they just wear out more quickly or were designed to be flatter but stiffer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom