So I may have stalked this 1986 pickup last month and today I bought it. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While taking the scooter out for a spin, I spied a really nice looking 1980’s Toyota mini pickup rolling through town so I whipped a s***ty and followed the little truck until it parked. I asked the kid driving it where he found it and before he could answer, his girlfriend busts me and says “did you just stalk my boyfriend’s truck?” Well yes I did. So it turns out the guy driving the truck’s girlfriend happens to work at my bank. Next week in the bank I tell the girl when her boyfriend is ready to sell that nice truck, (and buy a ring), that I would like to make an offer on it.

Yesterday I received a text message from the girl with some pictures of that 1980’s Toyota mini truck and the VIN. I ran the car fax and today I bought that truck. It was a year ago I bought my first ever Toyota, (actually a ‘96 LX450), but it is outstanding in every way. My experience with the FZJ80 has been so awesome that when this older truck came up for sale, even though I do not remotely need another vehicle, I did not risk delaying even a minute. I bought it and it’s awesome.

Welcome home little buddy.

5DE2EE1B-2FF3-4344-899D-718A56B7C22E.png

529228C7-FD29-4B1F-9FEB-C7A3FAD9DBCA.png

21C2712D-F540-4F51-BFCB-6247ADD430BA.jpeg

Congrats! Great looking little truck!

Wow. That is a gorgeous little truck! What's your plan for it... you know, since you've had about 48 hours to think about this truck that you didn't need ;)

Very nice Toy, just to let you know I will be stalking you.;) Enjoy the new ride and put a kill switch in it. :cheers: ;)

Congrats! Great looking little truck!
Very purty, usually the stalking game is a long con on getting vehicles :lol:
In the immortal words of the great one,

“You miss one hundred percent of the shots you don't take.” ...

I’m not a con guy. I drive around looking, I’m in Craigslist and FB Mktplace every day, and I have learned a lesson or two from hesitating in the moment.

Very nice Toy, just to let you know I will be stalking you.;) Enjoy the new ride and put a kill switch in it. :cheers: ;)
Two attempted auto thefts from my home in Houston this past year…and two same day recoveries. Zero shots fired. GPS is the way to go. I flip the script on auto thieves. Steal from me & you’d be lucky if cops get to you first. I’ve learned my lesson and I’m not leaving anything in Houston that cannot be easily replaced. Between car thieves and hurricanes, Houston is not a safe place for classic cars.

I've been thinking about GPS. What system do you use?

I've been thinking about GPS. What system do you use?
Without getting too specific, I use self contained devices from an outfit called gpsandtrack and some others. I use multiple devices. I don’t want any device powered by the vehicle battery and/or the OBD port. Too simple to defeat them. That said, I might use what amounts to a decoy device so that a clever thief may think he has defeated the tracking device by finding it and unplugging it.

Nice truck. I stalked an 80 once at Lowes and ended up buying it later. Wonder if he bought a ring?? He’s prob cussing you lol.

Without getting too specific, I use self contained devices from an outfit called gpsandtrack and some others. I use multiple devices. I don’t want any device powered by the vehicle battery and/or the OBD port. Too simple to defeat them. That said, I might use what amounts to a decoy device so that a clever thief may think he has defeated the tracking device by finding it and unplugging it.
Wow. Very CIA. I like it. LOL

Thanks for sharing man, my LC is still in hibernation and still have a few things to do before it's road worthy again. I will look into their GPS once the LC is ready for a road trip, I do have a plan of installing a timed kill switch with some other surprise if someone try to steal it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom