So I got the Code 28 light... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
...and I have a couple questions???

1) How long can you run the truck on a bad o2 sensor? What are the negative side effects? (I reset it a week ago and the light came back today)

2) How hard is it to install an o2 sensor? the biggest project I've ever under taken is swapping out an alternator on my old Ford Bronco

:) Thanks

davies,
first off pull the efi fuse and reset the light.
WAG here but you were cruising along at fairly low rpms light pedal pressure and "BLING" off it goes??
Mine has done this for about a year now, every few months it goes off, I reset it and it goes away for a few months again. of course mine is 3FE and obdI not II. not sure if it makes a difference here but it cant hurt to reset the light and see what gives.
Dave

I pulled the fuse and reset it..It stayed off for a week or so..Today I noticed it was idleing rough and then on pops the light....

I reset mine (aka put off buying new O2 sensors) for about 8 months. Mine would throw the light every 3-4 weeks though. It isn't too hard to replace them. The biggest problems for me were big hands and small space...and the rusted bolts! All in all took me a couple hours and I was good as new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom