Snorkle test part 2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

what i did on the red LJ71 was remove the carpet all together... carpet and wheeling really do not belong together... a nice coating of Rhino liner on the inside works great.
looks good though...
cheers

One of the things I still desire is a rubber floor mat front and rear for the 70 that was offered in different markets.

Did you pull the drain plugs?

I am pretty sure she would have went that deep even without the snorkel, but I wouldn't attempt it.

Cool pic

if you get the bow wave just right you can easily go into water deeper than the hood...
there is a few of us on the board that are living proof...
all it takes is practice...
cheers

Sweet ,a quality test; nice to see a snorkel that is used and not just for looks!!
Nice job, Buy some dryzair and put it in the truck it will wick up the moisture.

Little more than puddle jumping

See if i get this uploading picture right

This is from a recent trip down here in New Zealand, most of the water that got in came in threw the heater vents, but only mildly wet carpets compared to some trips.

Its a BJ71.
water over bonnet.JPG

I took a razor knife and cut the carpet thats in there so thats its easy to take in and out or dry or wash or totally remove if I need to

Also totally that bluegray undercarpet because that stuff doesnt dry so quickly

And finally on top of the carpet I put rubber mats

When the floor gets really dirty , I pull the carpets and wash it all down with a hose and brush

On my Hilux I dont have any carpets or headliner , absolutely nothing and it does get noisy

NZBJ71 said:
See if i get this uploading picture right

This is from a recent trip down here in New Zealand, most of the water that got in came in threw the heater vents, but only mildly wet carpets compared to some trips.

Its a BJ71.
DAMN that is one COOL shot...
cheers

Yes there was water in both diffs and gear box. Though it did clean the mud off!

the trip had several rivers like that but some of them also had large boulders that caused problems for some.

Here's my favourite pic from that trip
river.JPG

unfortunatly the vehicle in the 2nd pic is a Isuzu

This might be better, sorry it small. Thats my BJ71 trying to pull out a KJZ78, we finished up straightening the hook the on KZJ78 and later breaking a strop when the Nissan behind and i tried to pull it out in tandem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom