snorkel removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Guys. the wheels are American Eagle 100 series 16x8 with 3.625 bs. lift is OME . Might be looking to sell the wheels and tires soon and go back to stocks with 33's. Miss the retro look

Do those wheels bolt on without the need for spacers on the front? No issue with the front calipers or steering linkage?
no need for wheel spacers at all?
Just wanting to confirm..

I would just leave the snorkel installed....due to the numerous holes already there.

I say put an "ANYBODY BUT WENDY GREUEL" sticker on it and drive around town.

Do those wheels bolt on without the need for spacers on the front? No issue with the front calipers or steering linkage?
no need for wheel spacers at all?
Just wanting to confirm..

I would just leave the snorkel installed....due to the numerous holes already there.

Yeah plug n play no spacers clears everything.

Paint it white. It'll disappear, and you don't have to match the color exactly.

Then put a 'hybryd synyrgy dryve' sticker on it, just for good measure!

heh.

...but I was serious about the paint...

t

Paint it white. It'll disappear, and you don't have to match the color exactly.

Then put a 'hybryd synyrgy dryve' sticker on it, just for good measure!

heh.

...but I was serious about the paint...

t

I see this three months later. Thats actually not a bad idea? Never seen that before :hmm: Not sure If it would look that great though.

color matched snorkels look like complete s***.

nice looking truck as it sits...doubtful a good solution exists to remove the snorkel once installed, other than fender replacement.

Agree,

Its already there, why not just leave it?? although you may never need it.

IMO going to the trouble of replacing/painting the fender is throwing good money after bad.

I'd spend the money to remove it. I see their reported practicality, but I strongly doubt that there is the need in the US SW. There's too much pavement or hard-pack and very little of the deep, loamy stuff. A well baffled inlet to a good filter (you do have the re-usable OE FJ80 filter element in there, right?) is sufficient.

White doesn't fade as bad as red or some other colors, matching it shouldn't be too hard. The better automotive paint stores have an electronic gadget that does this really well. My local shop was able to match the faded blue metallic paint on the steering column of my DD, mix it up, and put it in an aerosol can. Perfect match!

I saw a color matched snorkel on a Heep today... Don't do that haha

Your rig looks good as is :)

ok...while I'm not sure...if the 62 fender is a bolt on to a 60... I'll be glad to just take the fender off your hands with the ugly snorkle...thing.. I don't generally care about the air intake until we start crossing some of the small rivers at the "high water" mark (the point where I'm still dumb engough to do it becuse the guys with the big tires can make it through. Currently my V8 air filter intake is on my passenger side top of the wheel well under the hood...which makes for some nerves rattling when water starts coming acros the hood. I would plumb in different air cleaner and go with snorkel to help solve this issue.

ok...while I'm not sure...if the 62 fender is a bolt on to a 60... I'll be glad to just take the fender off your hands with the ugly snorkle...thing.. I don't generally care about the air intake until we start crossing some of the small rivers at the "high water" mark (the point where I'm still dumb engough to do it becuse the guys with the big tires can make it through. Currently my V8 air filter intake is on my passenger side top of the wheel well under the hood...which makes for some nerves rattling when water starts coming acros the hood. I would plumb in different air cleaner and go with snorkel to help solve this issue.

IIRC the fenders are not the same but thanks for the offer. :)

color matched snorkels look like complete s***.

Agreed

What brand are your wheels? They look fantastic on your rig!

Thank you they are American eagle 100 series wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom