Snorkel for GX470 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you have the snorkel painted or just primed?
I received it primed. I painted it myself. One layer of Rustoleaum bed liner to add texture then a couple of coats of metallic dark gray, and finally a couple coats of gloss clear enamel. Also added ceramic detail coating to protect it all.

That’s terrible! Can’t wait to hear if it was the same for the others that installed them.

Damn that sucks that your quality was poor. I am guessing they are getting popular and their QC has gone downhill. I hope you can get your money back.

That being said, my fit on the connection tube was really spot on. The connection tab was damn near perfect and the tube coupled nicely to the rubber end on my OEM intake. Yes I sealed it all with RTV and have no issues with water getting into it. And my template was very simple but spot on.

A pilar mount did need a couple of self-tapping screws that I had plenty of in the garage. I will say its is not the most refined install kit but I like the design so I rolled with it.
View attachment 2008854
Wow, Sorry to hear. Ours was a very clean finish and, it installed up real nice. Fitment was almost perfect. The connecting fit sealed real nice. Email them, they will take care of it. We did not have the issues in the photos above.
Here is ours.

4wM%FPw%RmKZHjJ9RcJbMw.jpg

Last edited:
Mine wasn't terrible but the inner elbow was ugly. I didn't mind since it was inside the fender, but for the money, i ecpected a more refined piece. My template was simple but it lined up.

I'd be pissed if I got what you're pictures reflect.

Mine wasn't terrible but the inner elbow was ugly. I didn't mind since it was inside the fender, but for the money, i ecpected a more refined piece. My template was simple but it lined up.

I'd be pissed if I got what you're pictures reflect.
Yeah when it comes to that inner connection pipe its 99% function and 1% looks. 🤣

And now finally a couple of pictures. View attachment 1944443

What running boards are those? They look awesome? Also, what lift, wheels and tires (Nitto Grapplers?) are those? My wife really likes that setup and is inquiring about them for her rig.

Where is everyone buying their lenzdesign snorkel kit? Directly on their website?
i got mine through ACC garage. they did a group buy last year on it.

i got mine through ACC garage. they did a group buy last year on it.

thanks. I just called them and the order they placed 6 months ago still hasn’t arrived. I just went ahead and ordered through lenzdesign. This is what ACC suggested as well.

thanks. I just called them and the order they placed 6 months ago still hasn’t arrived. I just went ahead and ordered through lenzdesign. This is what ACC suggested as well.

Please post when you get the snorkel. I've been eyeing the snorkel for some time. But got cold feet due to reported quality problems. I really wish they have managed to work through the quality issues.

Will do. What were the quality issues?

If you read older posts on this thread, you'll learn about the quality issues: bad fit, poor workmanship.

What running boards are those? They look awesome? Also, what lift, wheels and tires (Nitto Grapplers?) are those? My wife really likes that setup and is inquiring about them for her rig.
Sliders are from Hefty Fabworks. Lift is Toytec Aluma Series 2.5 with resi and a 2 inch body lift to fit the 315/70R17 Trail Grapplers on 18 inch ICON 6 shooter wheels.

so I finally received an email from lenzdesign that my snorkel has shipped but when I log onto their website there is no tracking info for my order. Those of you that ordered from lenzdesign did you have the same problem with no tracking#? Did you just have to wait for it to show up not knowing when it will arrive?

so I finally received an email from lenzdesign that my snorkel has shipped but when I log onto their website there is no tracking info for my order. Those of you that ordered from lenzdesign did you have the same problem with no tracking#? Did you just have to wait for it to show up not knowing when it will arrive?
Yes. Their tracking does not work for US shipments.

Did your snorkel ever get delivered? If so, how is the build quality/fitment of the pieces?

Did your snorkel ever get delivered? If so, how is the build quality/fitment of the pieces?
Yes I finally received my snorkel after 2 months of waiting. Quality looks good so far. Though I haven’t had time to come around and install it yet.

Yes I finally received my snorkel after 2 months of waiting. Quality looks good so far. Though I haven’t had time to come around and install it yet.
Good to know! Hopefully that one really awful looking one that was posted a while back was just a fluke from a bad batch or something. I really like the low profile design of the Lenzdesign snorkel vs the traditional ARB/Ironman/Dobinsons versions.

Please take some pictures and upload them. We would all like to see a recently manufactured product!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom