Smooth as silk (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i must admit that my Broker-in-charge's 2005 cruiser is damn smooth. What a tight rig. My 80 rides like a wagon compared to that thing. Has a cool feature when he puts it in reverse the center console has a screen and a rear back-up camera turns on so you can see behind you in the screen. Very cool.

Not very tech, sorry, but it is 100 series specific. That truck makes me want one BAD. :grinpimp:

Talk him into taking it in March yet??? :D

Oh, there is no way! He does like cruisers, this is his second. THe last was a 96 fzj80 with lockers. He had no clude what the lockers were either.

Well at least talk him into going as a ride-along! I have yet to ride in one of the very latest versions of the 100, only old crusty ones, like mine. :D

concretejungle said:
So i must admit that my Broker-in-charge's 2005 cruiser is damn smooth. What a tight rig. My 80 rides like a wagon compared to that thing. Has a cool feature when he puts it in reverse the center console has a screen and a rear back-up camera turns on so you can see behind you in the screen. Very cool.

Not very tech, sorry, but it is 100 series specific. That truck makes me want one BAD. :grinpimp:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a 'Broker-in-charge'?

And yes, I'm really enjoying my new '05 as well. The camera is a nice feature... but what I like most about my new 100 is the overall drivability and performance mixed with fine luxury appointments. It's not too large or too small, placing it in what I consider to be in the 'right-sized' SUV category.

Plus the 100 series platform is still open to aftermarket improvements which appear to be only available for trucks these days.

dontcha love this 5 sp ?

if you're referring to the trans.. yes, I'm impressed with the smooth, but crisp shift points. This was one of the main buying considerations. If an auto has too much overlap its basically worthless for any heavy duty use.

I've been driving using the 'Ext Pwr' feature.

a990dna said:
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a 'Broker-in-charge'?

It's a term related to the real estate industry. A real estate company can have many agents that work under the "umbrella" of one or two brokers-in-charge. Many times the broker in charge owns all or a portion of the company. Maybe someone else can describe it better.

tabraha said:
It's a term related to the real estate industry. A real estate company can have many agents that work under the "umbrella" of one or two brokers-in-charge. Many times the broker in charge owns all or a portion of the company. Maybe someone else can describe it better.

You pretty much got it, except you can only have one broker-in-charge per company. More or less he's my boss and he gets a cut of my commission :eek: .

I was very impressed with the overall quality of the interior. Everything seemed to fit snugg and exactly where it should be. I also agree that the size seemed perfect. I was discussing with a friend yesterday about the rig and he said wouldn't you get the Lexus because of the air ride suspension and the ease of lifting it. I told him no way, i have the 80 to wheel the piss out of. If i had a truck as nice as that it would stay that way and be perfect for long road trips.

[hijack] Usually there are two levels of RE licensing, Salesperson and Broker, the Broker being the higher level of the two. Any given real estate office has one main Broker of Record (aka Employing Broker), and obviously that person, or corporate entity (yes, usually the owner) has to be a licensed Broker. All of the other agents in the office are sub-agents of this Broker, and ultimately the Broker of Record is subject to the sub-agents actions. When you hear of commission splits, it is in reference to the split the agents have with the Broker of Record. As a subnote, the agents who have a Brokers license but are not the Broker of Record are commonly known as Broker-Associates or Broker Salespersons, and usually just operate in the same capacity as someone with a salesperson's license, with the only distinction being that they hold the higher license level. [/hijack]

tabraha said:

Last edited:
As tabraha explained, it’s conceivable to have two RE brokers (or partners) with multiple agents or associate brokers working under an 'umbrella'... no different than a typical law office or architectural firm.

I'm aware of the business model; I just never heard the phrase 'broker-in-charge' used to describe 'my boss'.

Now, if he said GAW (guy at work) I would have never asked for clarification. ;)

Interesting thread. Here in California, you have real estate brokers, and real estate agents. Bottom line, the broker has the liability (the grand pubah), and the agent is usually the hot assistant with the short skirt. Any agent can take the broker's test having just had a few years experience. Its a simple test. I have my broker's license for the heck of it and have never used it (as an attorney all the broker's coursework is waived, you just have to take the test), and my wife is also a broker (she has her own mortgage company).

Whats this have to do with an LC or LX? Nothing. Except as a new LX owner I am having fun "de Lexus ing" it. I like the vehicle, just not the Lexus snob aspect of it.

In rereading my prior response, I hope I did not offend any female real estate agents. I'm new to this forum, and don't know how politically correct you are. I should have said that "Generally agents are .... "

jmarlo said:
In rereading my prior response, I hope I did not offend any female real estate agents. I'm new to this forum, and don't know how politically correct you are. I should have said that "Generally agents are .... "

Yer fine! What some get mad about is when 100-owners say they think the 100 is the best Cruiser overall to come from Toyota. :D Some non-100 owners will bite your head off! :D

Shotts, no real revelation. I still will have a real cruiser to wheel :flipoff2: Just want something to drive that's more comfortable around town and easier for older passengers to get in and out of. I need a small step ladder right now.

In NC, and the laws have just recently been changed, as of March, there will be no more salespeople, only brokers and broker-in-charge (BIC). Those that have a salesperson license will continue under a provisional license, but must upgrade or there license will become inactive.

What is the horsepower rating on the 100 series? Is a supercharger or turbo a no-no?

concretejungle said:
Shotts, no real revelation. I still will have a real cruiser to wheel :flipoff2: Just want something to drive that's more comfortable around town and easier for older passengers to get in and out of. I need a small step ladder right now.

In NC, and the laws have just recently been changed, as of March, there will be no more salespeople, only brokers and broker-in-charge (BIC). Those that have a salesperson license will continue under a provisional license, but must upgrade or there license will become inactive.

What is the horsepower rating on the 100 series? Is a supercharger or turbo a no-no?

I'll look forward to seeing your 100! At least you AND me selected an 80/LX for our trail rig. :)

230-235HP for affordable ones. SC off market - Turbo available at Slee. Knowing you, you'll throw an 80 pumpkin in to re-gear to 5.29's, lock it up, lift it, add 35's, STILL CUSH CUSH around town and use it mildly off-road. You can't not modify it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom