Smog pump, which one, COST? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd have your old one rebuilt here: http://www.rebuildingfactory.com/

All the reman units from FNAPS seem to be crap.

If you contact The rebuilding factory, ask if they still replace the carbon vanes. They used to, but I recall reading a thread where someone said they can't get them anymore. If they don't, I'd try to find another rebuilder or get a "lifetime guarantee" one.

They don't have a website, but I've contacted these guys before and they said they replace carbons.

Smog Pumps Unlimited
13049 Telegraph Rd, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 944-3221

Just got one from rock auto... works fine for now. Got the bearings to rebuild the old one

Was it a reman OEM pump or one of those mystery (GM?) pumps with mounting tabs welded on?

I've now ordered five pumps at a couple different stores and have yet to hit the lottery with a reman'd Toyota pump, just the same modified ford (I'm told) pump. Anybody had any experience with the rebuilt OEM pumps Cruiserparts.net is selling for $350?

If it has new carbon vanes, at $300 (50 dollah core) not a bad price. Someone should call 'em or email and ask.

But if you have a good core, the guys at smog pumps unlim. are half that, but they don't replace the vanes, just bearings. Owner said they don't need to be replaced if good. I axed.

:meh:

Mine is from rock auto. They originally sent the wrong one (in the correct box), which had the weird extension hose and goofy angles on the tubes. I sent it back and they sent the correct one.

I got mine from parts geek remfg $ 130.- runs fine

If it has new carbon vanes, at $300 (50 dollah core) not a bad price. Someone should call 'em or email and ask.

But if you have a good core, the guys at smog pumps unlim. are half that, but they don't replace the vanes, just bearings. Owner said they don't need to be replaced if good. I axed.

Hmm... I was under the impression that cruiser parts was $349 plus $50 core.

Anyhow, my vanes are good and I'd rebuild the pump myself if there was a source for the carbon shoes/wipers/rods/whatever you want to call them.

I'd have your old one rebuilt here: http://www.rebuildingfactory.com/

All the reman units from FNAPS seem to be crap.

If you contact The rebuilding factory, ask if they still replace the carbon vanes. They used to, but I recall reading a thread where someone said they can't get them anymore. If they don't, I'd try to find another rebuilder or get a "lifetime guarantee" one.

They don't have a website, but I've contacted these guys before and they said they replace carbons.

Smog Pumps Unlimited
13049 Telegraph Rd, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 944-3221

I called rebuilding factory and the guy convinced me he could do it for cheap, just a week or two altogether back and fourth. I got a spare pump I intend to send in for a refresher course at the machine shop day spa.

The one on my truck now is a Rebuilding Fact reman. Works great. Wadda they charge, now ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom