SMC 3rd Annual Skyline Ride / Feb. 21-22, 2009 / Skyline, AL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice...very nice. I hate that I had to leave early Sunday. It was good meeting you and your family! I look forward to wheelin' with y'all again soon.

looks like a fun time

You will get it figured out. Come out to the ride SMC is having in April and maybe you will have better luck.

Looks like we found the problem. In screwing around with it today....had same issue.... got to looking at the passenger side Birfield Axle and compared it to the old axles we removed (stock vs. longfields)... discovered that the passenger side inside axle was some 2.5 inches shorter than it should have been. I'm told that we got an inner axle designed for a pickup rather than the 60 that I ordered. TMP fix was to re-install old axle until new replacement shows up. What a deal (I guess we should have caught that previously but we assumed the parts were right). 4wheel drive works now. I'll run the auburn LSDs as long as they work...maybe later will go with ARB lockers if I have the $$. Boy did we waste a lot of time screwing around with this issue. Guess I've not had any real luck on the swap....had some engine issues initallys, then PCM programming issues, rear heater core problem and then the front differential.

Long said they would send out a replacement axle to make it right... For now I'll run the OEM stock axle. Some times your @$$ gets chapped for trying to improve your truck..

P2200254.jpg

P2200253.jpg

P2200252.jpg

P2200251.jpg

P2200250.jpg

P2200249.jpg

P2200248.jpg

P2200247.jpg

P2200246.jpg

trail side u-bolt repair
P2200257.jpg

P2200256.jpg