Slightly hard torque converter unlock? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, been reading this forum for a while but finally made an account to post. I have a 2000 LC and noticed that when cruising on the highway in o/d (4th gear) with the torque converter locked and I give it a bit of throttle the unlock of the torque converter is a bit harsh, nothing crazy just a bit noticeable. The down shift shift from o/d (4th) unlocked to 3rd is smooth. I have 151k on the truck and the trans fluid is fresh. Does anyone else experience this?

Has it recently started or is it a new thing?

The only advice I can offer at this point, if the vehicle runs fine, is that consistent behavior is good behavior. If it's been doing that as long as you can remember then it's probably not a big deal. It's when the car starts doing something it didn't previously do that indicates that there could be problems.

Thanks for the reply! The truck is new to me. I had an FJ previously but recently picked up the 100. I think you might be right though, everything else is smooth with the transmission, no noises, no slipping nothing abnormal. In the time I've had it, it hasn't been getting worse or anything like that but then again I've had it for a bit under a month only.

Was just trying to get an idea of anyone else notices this with their trucks. I searched quite a bit but I don't think I saw anyone else mention this. It could just be that I have been spoiled by newer car transmissions and this is completely normal but I'm just hyper aware as it's a new truck to me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom