sliders, rear bumpers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally ordered the ARB winch Bull Bar this week. Next it'll be sliders and a rear bumper.

Is it safe to assume that Hanna, 4+ and Slee are comprable in what their products are designed to do?

LukeO said:
Finally ordered the ARB winch Bull Bar this week. Next it'll be sliders and a rear bumper.

Is it safe to assume that Hanna, 4+ and Slee are comprable in what their products are designed to do?

I can only comment on the sliders as I was relegated to Kaymar rear bumper for towing capability. Both Christo and Ken make quality sliders that you can't go wrong with and it was a tough choice. Don't know much about 4+ products.

I don't know about 4+ products.

Slee and Hanna are comparable as far as sliders are concerned.
Slee, Hanna, and 4x4Labs are comparable as far as rear bumpers are concerned. Each has their pros and cons, but I wouldn't hesitate to take any of them on the trail.

Personally, I have slee sliders and rear bumper. I am very satisifed with mine.

Right on and thanks.

Didn't know Metaltech was making them too, I'm gonna check those out now.

No, every slider is pretty much designed with a different type of wheeling in mind. Here in the east for example, you want a slider that sticks out past the body so you can plant it on a rock, hit the rear locker and slide the buttend around etc. Some of the nice looking sliders I've seen are better suited to Moab and places where rocks are nice and round - just follow the black marks on the rocks etc - not sharp pointy rocks everywhere like rock gardens. So you need to know the type of wheeling you are going to do then buy accordingly.

I think this is my first post.....maybe not but. Hey Junk. I have a 84 runner that I have beat to pieces up at tellico. I put the allpro nerfs on it right away. They have a nice bulge at the back that keeps you off of rocks real nice. Like at the top of school bus when you turn to go back out!!

What kind do you recommend that has some room to push me off some Rockies. I have a 97 locked fj80 now that has the fever!!
Thanks
Rick

Rootbass, where are you located?

Hanna and slee sliders both have side-bar protection on their sliders. Hanna does offer a little extra as far as cat protection. Both great products. I personally prefer the looks of the 4x4labs rear bumper.
4x4Labs_bumper_022 (Small).jpg

I have Slee's step sliders which are more family friendly and act like running boards. They also have a surface which doesn't get slick when wet

Cruiserhead05 said:
Concrete, just curious. whats the suspension setup on that green 80 ? it looks very nice.

That's Mark Warner's truck. I believe he is running Js with 35" tires.

LR_RESQ said:
Both great products. Another product you may want to check out is MetelTechCage's new sliders. He is a Mud Vendor.

Didnt know he was making them. Anyone have a set? Pics?

I am personally probably also going to go with the Kaymar rear bumper for bolt on, no fuss towing ability!

4+ has some decent sliders (if you dont mind welding to your frame):
http://www.man-a-fre.com/feature_items/4+plusrocksliders.htm

The 4+ 80 Bumper/Carrier looks really nice (IMHO) also! Here are some pics:
http://www.man-a-fre.com/parts_accessories/towbumper80series.htm

Also, the 4+ 80 Series rear bumper needs to be installed in AZ (and takes 8-12 WEEKS!!!!!!!) for some reason!

From their website:

[FROM THEIR WEBSITE]*This item is special order only. Vehicle is required for at least 8-12 weeks to complete installation. The facility is located in Globe, Arizona.

Sorry folks, but we are currently booked through the rest of this year on the 4Plus 80 series Rock Crawler bumper, and will not be taking any more reservations for the immediate future.[/FROM THEIR WEBSITE]*

Looks damn nice though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom