sleeping platform project (lots of pictures) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the good feedback, you all.

And to correct my earlier response to RockDoc, it's about 16" off the floor, not 2'. Late night math skills.

Yes, the cargo mats are SOR. Not cheap, but a great fit and pretty stout. My carpet was in sad shape back there. I didn't get the front ones because the carpet up front looks good.

I may rethink the bolting it to the floor idea. I guess as long as I sealed the holes with some good body sealer and checked for rust periodically, they should be all right. Better than holes in the head for sure.

do you have any dimensions, or draft papers that you may have drawn up for the build, or did you just fit and fix as you went?

I pretty much fit it as I went. But I do have the dimensions of the major panels, though they all underwent some trimming here and there.

PM me if you want them. They're in a drawer somewhere.

looks good :)

any idea how much a setup like that weighs?

Thanks. I'd say the main frame in the back is about 35 lbs., with all the other pieces no more than 15 each. Probably 85-90 lbs. total.

I just set up some log truck scales at work. If I can remember to, I'll weigh my truck with and without them and post an exact number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom