SLEE SliderSteps for your +’10 Lexus GX460/ +’10 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We are prototyping as fast as we can. Right now the 200 is taking most of our time together with small parts for all models. Eventually we will get to the GX models for more parts. Just not promise on time right now. We have access to both GX470's and GX460's in the company, so not shortage of trucks, just time
While your working up a bunch of 200 series components, you might as well start on 300 series also!! They'll be coming out soon, just not as a Toyota.
Hope you have a 6 figure budget for a new LX to experiment with!

Installed! Took me two evenings because I'm slow... Very beefy! My only reference was my 100 series slider steps, which attached with u-bolts. These seem obscenely stronger than those. The amount of area of the frame mounts is massive.

Trying to figure out the weakest point, and it's probably the 4, grade 8 3/8" bolts on the front leg. Would still take a big hit to damage them, I'm guessing. Very impressed.

They come with light mounting tabs, to which I mounted up some LED rock lights, but haven't wired up yet. I'm toying with cutting up the OEM lights and reusing them. TBD on that.

Install was pretty straightforward. I'm guessing as with all slider installs the hardest part of it was pretty much guessing where to cut the rocker cover. Leaving them in the 100° sun made cutting with box cutters pretty easy.

The only thing I would comment on, and I don't know what the solution is, would be there vertical adjustment of the sliders. The front mount is primarily horizontal adjustment, with the bolt slots running horizontal. The rear plate has vertical bolt slots, but also has mounting surfaces on the outside of the frame, as well as the bottom of the frame. That section of frame has a large weld on the bottom that makes it difficult for the plate to mount flush. Is it kosher to grind that weld down? I know there's probably tons of variability in 10 year-old frame dimensions, straightness, and weld thickness. I have about an 1/8" slope that I can't get rid of, likely my frame. Don't think it's visible, only bugs me because I slapped a level on it.

Anyway, LOVE the slidersteps!

20210509_194936.jpg
20210509_194910.jpg

Very nice! I've been waiting on my email saying they have more in stock so I can place my order. I messed up and didn't just order them when they first came out. Was there a reason you didn't order with the light kit they offer? I'm split between ordering the lights or just ordering something from BD or Rigid .

Light kit was out of stock when I ordered the sliders... :(

I swear, whatever your political/virus/welfare/economics/conspiracy-theory beliefs are, our current situation vis-a-vis shortages, price increases, supply chain, etc. remind me of the years I lived in Latin America. Hope it turns around soon. My guess is that the shortage-driven price increases won't totally reverse though, because...why would they?

Looks great!!

How long are they end to end?

Also, does anyone know what they weight?

The website lists two different weights:

View attachment 2671679
Pretty sure the heavier one is shipping weight, pallet and all. Will measure the sliders when the wife brings the car back.

Pretty sure the heavier one is shipping weight, pallet and all. Will measure the sliders when the wife brings the car back.

If it is 120 lbs for both - 60 lbs each - That is really good. That's right on par with most others, but these seem way more beefy.

We strive to have things on the shelf ready to go. The issue right now is with reduced fabrication capacity, material shortages and way higher demand than what we anticipated we are struggling to keep all items in stock all the time. We have upped batches as much as we practically can to try to catch up with demand. The other issue with making large batches of items that have to sit on the shelf is warehousing. It is a fine balance between having products in stock, having enough space to warehouse them and timing a market that is very unstable right now.

As for the 80 stuff, we actually produce way more stuff now than we have ever done before. Still a hugely popular market.

We never take peoples money before we are ready to ship the products. I have seen to many companies get in trouble when something goes wrong and they can not deliver on time, but they have collected a bunch of deposits. Hence the email notification system. It is pretty much a first come first serve basis.

That said, a batch of 20 of these sliders will become available on the site in about a week or so. These might sell fast, but I do not believe they will all sell out in the first day based on the number of people signed up to be notified.

This is not excuses, just an attempt to put some clarity on product availability.
Amen. I have been in the steel business for 30 years.....never seen a market like we have this past year. Tariffs add to the complexity. Mill allocations, high demand and limited off shore sources make for a lot of fun. There are literally football field-sized warehouses empty and waiting on coils

Looks great!!

How long are they end to end?
From the end of the rear flat to the front of the front flat vertical surface they are 68" long. The front edge of the slider ends outboard of, and just overlapping the rear edge of the body mount. There is about 4.5" between the front edge (flat part) of the slider and the rear opening of the (mangled) wheel well/fender/splash guard. (See pic looking up at the front end of the passenger slider from the ground.) In the back, there is only about 2" from the rear of the slider (flat part) to the rear wheel well opening.

20210513_095836.jpg

Last edited:
Aftermarket LED puddle lights wired up. Kinda low-key impressed that they even dim. Didn't count on that. Messed around with trying to re-use the oem housing and lights. Not a lot of space to do that. The mounting tabs and slots to fasten wiring on the sliders are a nice touch. I used as much of the OEM harness as possible.

20210514_160109.jpg
20210514_155945.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking about just using an LED strip along the length of the slider, tucked up underneath and wire it for 12 VDC.
Amazon product ASIN B075LB9HK2
And maybe line the inside of the hood also so when I open the hood, the lights come on and I can see the entire engine bay.
Considering that I have my compressor and winch controls under the hood, if I ever have to use them at night it'll be very handy! 👍

I'm thinking about just using an LED strip along the length of the slider, tucked up underneath and wire it for 12 VDC.
Amazon product ASIN B075LB9HK2
And maybe line the inside of the hood also so when I open the hood, the lights come on and I can see the entire engine bay.
Considering that I have my compressor and winch controls under the hood, if I ever have to use them at night it'll be very handy! 👍
maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom